E Track Positioning

jerrygee

Active Expediter
When placing e track on the floor of a cargo van...what is the best position (measurment between tracks, how close to wheel wells etc...)?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd go about 91 centimeters, but more importantly mount it so the screws and bolts hit the raised floor ribs.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I like mine in from the sides a bit, just a bit less than the width of a typical pallet:

etrack_9189.jpg
etrack_9194.jpg
load_9264.jpg

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
When placing e track on the floor of a cargo van...what is the best position (measurment between tracks, how close to wheel wells etc...)?
Here is a pic of mine. I just measured and the two outside rows are 38" center to center. Seems to work out about right. The center row is very handy.

uploadfromtaptalk1362167145177.jpg

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Where's the French Door lead to, the patio? :rolleyes:
barely anywhere. This setup almost eliminates access..lol. It is still usable...and handy... but definitely restricted. I really like the current setup though.

Now...if your talking about that metal structure on the side.. that is a bulkhead.

py9u6yru.jpg

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I like mine in from the sides a bit, just a bit less than the width of a typical pallet:
wow, I thought mine had a nice, "clean" look to it. You definitely have me beat though. Do you have storage along the sides...between the freight area and the inside walls?

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
wow, I thought mine had a nice, "clean" look to it. You definitely have me beat though. Do you have storage along the sides...between the freight area and the inside walls?

Thanks. I get nice comments from shippers/receivers that it's one of the cleanest, most professional, setups they've seen in a van. They're used to pushing bags of stuff and personal items out of the way when loading pallets.

The wheelwell walls have lids that lift off, revealing the same type of storage you have along the side walls, for everything from fluids to straps to camp stuff, etc.

I like having the lids and use those short walls to support my bedboard of 3/8" ply, which folds in half for storage, and for sleeping can go sideways behind the seats, sideways anywhere along the length of the van (supported by the wheelwell walls and one same height storage crate) or length-wise along either side, also supported by crates. Very flexible. I'll load some pics sometime soon of the various possibilities.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yep...I have considered lids for mine also. It is amazing how many customers compliment a clean setup.

Mine would be quite a bit different and more similar to yours except that I wanted the metal rails and a bulkhead. My original design would have ran everything all the way to the front like yours and the bed would have been movable...like yours. But, then I realized that would have metal framework directly behind the seat. In the event of a rearend collision...it could get bad..lol. Yours...made out of wood... would be safer in that scenario...I think.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hazmat, do you have a buyer for your van or will you be converting it to a hazmat response command center?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My E-track is about 34" center to center or roughly 86mm.

Attachments

• chain. 1 resize.jpg
    chain. 1 resize.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 64

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hazmat, do you have a buyer for your van or will you be converting it to a hazmat response command center?

We're up in the air... We could sell it, we could covert it to a response vehicle or we could start an expediting division??? We just don't know what to do right now...

21cExp

Veteran Expediter

We're up in the air... We could sell it, we could covert it to a response vehicle or we could start an expediting division??? We just don't know what to do right now...

I wondered too...not that I'm in the market right now to purchase, but it sure would be sweet. You've done a nice job with it.