E Track Positioning

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I at times miss being in a van. May sound stupid to some, but the freedom..lol. never know what may happen in time.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
But i used a single e- track down the middle. Storage on sides. E- track mounted on side of cargo area. For those non typical pallets.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to have 2 rows etrac in floor about 2 ft. apart and 1 row of etrac on both walls mounted to 2x6 's that were bolted to wall supports. ....mainly used the floor mounted etrac. ....sorry never took pics......but know with new flat floor. ....it came with 2 rows of etrac mounted on box wall. ..2 ft. high & 4 ft. high.....but i installed 1 row etrac 3 inches off floor....2 x 4 's anchor bolt into floor and 2 x 10 ' s bolted to them plus floor. ...pic not the best ...but have more than 73 " off width. .:D 1362229368278.jpg

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I used to have 2 rows etrac in floor about 2 ft. apart and 1 row of etrac on both walls mounted to 2x6 's that were bolted to wall supports. ....mainly used the floor mounted etrac. ....sorry never took pics......but know with new flat floor. ....it came with 2 rows of etrac mounted on box wall. ..2 ft. high & 4 ft. high.....but i installed 1 row etrac 3 inches off floor....2 x 4 's anchor bolt into floor and 2 x 10 ' s bolted to them plus floor. ...pic not the best ...but have more than 73 " off width. .:D View attachment 6390
That 73" is money in the bank when you learn how to work it.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
If you don't have a center track, I'd say closer together can't hurt. In the neighborhood of 14 inches apart. A narrower set up accomodates the smaller bins without having to cross straps.

eb

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you don't have a center track, I'd say closer together can't hurt. In the neighborhood of 14 inches apart. A narrower set up accomodates the smaller bins without having to cross straps.eb
I cross my straps even on wider pallets and crates.

To lift and separate! Playtex Cross Your Heart Bra.™

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think avoiding lift and separation might be good when it comes to freight. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter

Please don't remind me of that load. It was 2000 lbs of 50 lb bags of hulled sunflower seeds on one pallet. All it wanted to do was lift and separate and bulge from every space between the straps. I had two straps fore and aft, and two straps side to side, and the load still wanted to breach containment.

eb