Dust Dust Dust

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Dust is driving me nuts.
Particularly on my electronics. GPS,Camera monitor,Dash guages.

Doors/windows are tight and I seldom go into dirt areas.
I change the cabin filter often.

Anyone have any ideas ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dust is driving me nuts.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Get out of trucking and move into a sealed, climate controlled bubble with multiple air scrubbers. Exfoiliate often.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Or, maybe some Endust for Electronics Anti -Static Spray ?
Cheaper than a bubble.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Since Day 1 it seems dust is drawn to my truck inside.. I rarely run with windows open.
Static electricy seems to be a proplem also.. Its so bad it seems like a garbage bag will move toward me while laying in the bed..LOL

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I've had suggestions to wipe things down with a dryer sheet. I've never tried it. We get a lot of dust on certain things, but I usually just wipe the culprit areas down every day or every other.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My dash is a dust magnet, wipe it down daily, and within a hour the dust is back

Sent from The Dark Side of the moon.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I think we all have the dust issue. I dust at a minimum of once a day only for the dust to return as if I never touched it. Drives me crazy. Same with the floors. I clean them several times a day only to find more an hour later. :eek:

Sent from my VS950 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"I just want to say one word to you…just one word. Are you listening? Plastics...There’s a great future in Plastics.”

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Parking in a truck stop parking lot is probably second only to parking in an open pit coal mine when it comes to dust accumulation. Think of a truck stop parking lot as a giant, super efficient mortar and pestle. The trucks are the pestle and the lot, the mortar. The trucks not only act as a pestle but they also provide the grist to grind and help disperse it. Trucks bring in road salt and sand, dead bugs and animals, chicken bones, feces, grain, tobacco, paper, plastic, rubber from tires, diesel exhaust particles, even salt and other dried impurities from urine.

All of this junk gets baked by the sun and ground into a fine powder to be dispersed by wind, truck movement and discharged air from brakes and air dryers. Very difficult to avoid dust in a truck stop parking lot. Maybe an open pit coal mine might be a better choice.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jeff Campbell, creator [and awesome boss] of The Clean Team, says most of the dust & dirt indoors is brought in, and the best way to minimize it is with high quality mats on both sides of exterior doors.
Or you could just dust the dash at long red lights, which is what I do. ;)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
As bad as i hate to say it, lots of that dust is also shed from our bodies in the form of dead skin. Your clothes that are in your closet in the truck are full of dust also. Even if they are clean if they have rode around in the truck they have dust settled on them. Your truck seats are also a source of dust if they are cloth. Dust is a battle you will never win

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dust is driving me nuts.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Stop opening your doors. :)
This time of year pollen adds to the dust as well

Jeff Campbell, creator [and awesome boss] of The Clean Team, says most of the dust & dirt indoors is brought in, and the best way to minimize it is with high quality mats on both sides of exterior doors.
Or you could just dust the dash at long red lights, which is what I do. ;)
I have a dash duster for long red lights too

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dust comes from outer space. No foolin', every day a surprising amount of space debris floats down and coats everything.

It also comes from inner space. Volcanoes belch up tons of ash and dust, and over a period of time that dust settles on your vehicle.

There is no escape, as long as we insist on living here we're going to have to deal with dust.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Dust comes from outer space. No foolin', every day a surprising amount of space debris floats down and coats everything.

It also comes from inner space. Volcanoes belch up tons of ash and dust, and over a period of time that dust settles on your vehicle.

There is no escape, as long as we insist on living here we're going to have to deal with dust.

I read an article a few years back that said the main culprit is comets. Dust machines is what they are.

But then again, exfoliate often! lmao <Good one los!>

The dust magnet for me is eyeglasses.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Bought some monitor wipes from Best Buy over the weekend. Will report back in a week.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bought some monitor wipes from Best Buy over the weekend. Will report back in a week.
It' s funny that I was reading this thread, when I heard on the radio that the earth gets 100 tons heavier per day due to space dust. Just like WF and mjm said.
I hope you bought A LOT of those wipes! :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Happy to report that the monitor wipes have done a fantastic job. 6 days later and don't need to dust yet. At this rate about $7 per year. :)

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
i started carrying a vacuum cleaner in the van. much of the light fluffy stuff stays in the vehicle when using just a hand broom. the vacuum is rated for toner cartridge powder, so what goes in stays in. i still sweep the sand and wood chips out and save the vacuum for the light stuff.

a summer project is to build a box that holds an air conditioner hepa filter. then i'll use a fan from fan-tastic vent to pull air through the filter. homemade 12 volt air cleaner.

eb