piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stupid things piper has said..

"Montreal....and it has a $75 bonus......I'll take it!!!"

Bonjour from La Belle Provance!!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
"I've decided to leave my 65K a year job and get my own van because fill in the blanktold me I could make over 100K a year in a van":rolleyes:

BTW this was not me:cool:

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Don't be so hard on yourself Dan....It is only dumb if you repeat and repeat....
You've learned something now....which is a good thing....:)
Now you can see why some of us vets are so tainted...:rolleyes:

There is not one of us long time residents of EO that hasn't made a mistake in judgment along the way...:D

That actually was said more w/ the roll of the eyes. I'm not one to beat myself up for to long. All in all I'm in pretty good spirits here. I would NOT have been in good spirits after a few border crossings.

This actually is similar to Thompson in the sense that their recruiter told me that yes they paid less than most companies. However, they paid $40 towards a hotel each nite. I found out that wasn't true after I had my logos on. DOH!!! So yea I've been had a few times in here. This one I at least cut my losses. Though in fairness to Thompson, overall I liked it there for a long time, depsite the lie by the recruiter.

As for making mistakes in judgement. I'm sure it won't be the last one I make. Though I figure I at least didn't compound this one by signing on w/ em. So for that I feel pretty decent.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Things I have forgot to ask on a Friday delivery - Has delivery time been confirmed?
For most, it only happens once. I had to learn the hard way spending three weekends sitting on loads I could have stopped off at home with.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
" I think I will follow the gps's directions for this p/u..del."

"We'll take this lil' shorty run,get it off quick and then still have time to grab a great run today."

... ok ....... ok ok ....... IMM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUILTY OF THAT... ok you all got this ever so humbling confession out of me .. i hope your all happy..

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
"Buy a reefer and you can make $3.00 dollars a mile and become a millionaire in less than five years".:D

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'll take that load to Florida, it will be nice to set in the sun for a day or two.:rolleyes: :cool:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Get into expediting. Just buy a van and you can make tons of money. You are an independent contractor and you can be home every weekend and take what ever time off you want.

This told to me by the person who introduced me to expediting. :mad:

As a side note he was no longer in expediting. :eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Get into expediting. Just buy a van and you can make tons of money. You are an independent contractor and you can be home every weekend and take what ever time off you want.

This told to me by the person who introduced me to expediting. :mad:

As a side note he was no longer in expediting. :eek:

You CAN be home every weekend [just have to deadhead], take whatever time off you want [just won't get paid for it], and you can make tons of money too: just have them pay you entirely in nickles. :p