down hill spiral

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another nail in the coffin ,we were on a 900 plus run recieved a message at 2 in the morn. While i was driving for a load i did not ans .because i was driving and i really wasnt worried about because we were on a pro, heard it chrip a few more times when we finally stoped checked messages, and lo and behold it was for another load picking up 60 hrs. Out the next message was because i did not reply i was put out of service .
Needless to say i called and spoke to the dispatcher who sent this rude message and was told to bad im out of service, now im still on a load and ive got 250 miles to deliver so i told her to come and get the load im on if im out of service i cannot deliver and that i would see her and some one with the authority to fire her, now you say this may not have worked out to my advantage but she did get someone to assist med in getting this straightend out .
Now the last time i looked i am a contractor panther works for me i pay them weekly to find freight for us and handel paper work i do my part 100% all the time im not going to be talked down to by dispatch if we as o/o ,contractors keep letting them change the rules you might as well sell your trk. And let them hire you as a driver fed ex tryed this and it turned out to be a big lawsuit i can see panther headed in this direction.
As far as the driver councel,useless they do nothing for the o/o, first outs hahahahahaha usless only thing that comes from that is another crappy load.i personaly looking for a nothervenue there out there.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Ttruck I had a similar problem Thursday with a dispatcher. Instead of doing what I really wanted to do I just stopped the arguement mid sentence and had him put me through to driver relations. They pulled the call,listened to it assured me the situation would be handled. Did they do anything? I dunno but it made me feel a little better that just maybe that idiot would be fired.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
There is no accountabilty in the office. All you get is I'm sorry and we'll look into it.
Most of the time you can tell they don't even want to hear about it. Just another driver complaining.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
They called me on the complaint as well, they r the ones who pull the phone calls, I am bot going to argue with u about it, I was lending an idea based on real world experience.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are not going to keep me for very long i started out at 100%this morning and ive been droped to 70% they said the reset to 100 % will be tomorrow or when ever i just spoke to my owner again and we are activly looking at other companys there has got to be one out there that wants to keep trucks panther has broke the camels bac my owner was at ameeting recently they have a 60% turnover what does this tell you thats 60 out of every 100 goes up the road now some may go out of bizz or retire or whatever but that is a lot of trucks that leave.
Im on my way home tomorrw whether they give me a load or not my fuel and my owner has agreed, ive got packets comming from 10 different companys so ill be bussy w/ ph.calls but my boss says we are not married to this company so this may be one of my last posts in panther forum.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
They called me on the complaint as well, they r the ones who pull the phone calls, I am bot going to argue with u about it, I was lending an idea based on real world experience.

I wasn't arguing !

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Possible but I doubt it. When I talk with contractor relations (another oxymoron) And mention they need to go back to the old boards so we know where the freight is coming out of. They say they hear that all the time from the other drivers too.

Another problem, It was mentioned in the fleet msg. we got saying how this new 73% crap was discussed extensively with the drivers counsel and the only time we hear about anything is after the fact. I was understanding that the drivers counsel was supposed to represent the drivers not just make decisions for us.

I still stand by what I said when this driver counsel was first mentioned, It is nothing but a joke, There will be nothing done that will actually help drivers let alone make it possible for them to make more money. It's just panthers way of making changes and saying it was done through the driver counsel. You know for our best interest. B.S.

OK this trash of council bashing is a waste of time. I was on the council for 4 years and i got plenty of stuff done. If you bothered to go to the drivers web and look at the meeting mins you could see the pfd on the topics and what was done. There are things that Panther does that they just tell the council about. But put it out there like the council had something to do with it. The council objected to the 67% and at that time it was made clear that operations wanted it to be above 70%. Panther is going to do what it feels it needs to do to cover their customers.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
They are not going to keep me for very long i started out at 100%this morning and ive been droped to 70% they said the reset to 100 % will be tomorrow or when ever i just spoke to my owner again and we are activly looking at other companys there has got to be one out there that wants to keep trucks panther has broke the camels bac my owner was at ameeting recently they have a 60% turnover what does this tell you thats 60 out of every 100 goes up the road now some may go out of bizz or retire or whatever but that is a lot of trucks that leave.
Im on my way home tomorrw whether they give me a load or not my fuel and my owner has agreed, ive got packets comming from 10 different companys so ill be bussy w/ ph.calls but my boss says we are not married to this company so this may be one of my last posts in panther forum.

60% turn over most trucking compaines would love to have that low of number are you nuts. Most have 90% or more turn over rate. Do you do anything but complain???????

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for all you did on the council i imagin you were a force to deal with, but why does not a company ask the driver about the change, especially before it happens they snuck this one in and tryed to make it float. 73% is a rediculous # trun down one load and you are at that # now ive been to nj , ny and been stuck there with 1200 mile weeks thats running 8 loads they will not move you unless you move your self this is a team trk. They will keep you there because they have to cover there coustomers im sorry i cant live on that kind of millage.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for all you did on the council i imagin you were a force to deal with, but why does not a company ask the driver about the change, especially before it happens they snuck this one in and tryed to make it float. 73% is a rediculous # trun down one load and you are at that # now ive been to nj , ny and been stuck there with 1200 mile weeks thats running 8 loads they will not move you unless you move your self this is a team trk. They will keep you there because they have to cover there coustomers im sorry i cant live on that kind of millage.

They run things by the Council for the most part. But you have to remember they are in business and have the right to run it anyway that they want as long as it is illegal. Panther is going to do what's in their best intrest same as ANY business owner. The 73% isn't rediculous the adv is over 80%. I restrict myself to the main service area I have turned down all but 3 loads going east of Ohio for the last 3 years. And my acc rate is 97%. I have always got a kick out of teams that say if it isn't [x] miles it isnt worth it for them to take the load. Well last time i checked if you are a team yu can run another load right away after that load that is under [x] miles because you have another driver.