DOT violation

guido4475

Not a Member
A van driver/owner-operator, fleet owner should not be allowed to lease his vehicle on to a carrier until it is equipped with the proper e-track, and proper straps/equipment. Plain and simple. no exceptions.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A van driver/owner-operator, fleet owner should not be allowed to lease his vehicle on to a carrier until it is equipped with the proper e-track, and proper straps/equipment. Plain and simple. no exceptions.

and they should have to hit every screw hole in the E track too!! LOL....I've seen some with e track that would simply rip outta the floor!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Having it is not the same as using it. The key is secure strapping regardless of the brand name or type.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
E track is not the end all.....many suitable ways to tie down freight... I do the cross " X " method with my cargo rings.

I like the cargo rings as well, I have seen more cargo rings used in the decks of straight truck and trailers than E track. I would think there would be less danger of a forklift damaging the rings, than would be the case with E track .

jimmy

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
He made a mistake and probably learned a valuable lesson, with that being said he made a mistake and should now pay the consequences. I would have him text a picture of every load and how he secured for 30-90 days to help drive the point home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

I agree and I think this might need to be done as well!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The driver who did not secure his load was in a straight truck, and he did not secure 7 containers of auto parts, I got photos from him and there scary, that being said it scares me to think of how many drivers do this exact thing?

The driver in question has been driving for us for almost a year now. He came from a reputable carrier and has a good resume of transportation jobs, my guess is he was either A) in a hurry. B ) not paying attention or worse of all C) did not care about load securing. Either way its dangerous IMHO

I was able to get him to a cross dock where the load was redone, strapped in and secured by the cross dock guys, but the question I'm plagued with now is " if he let this load shift due to his negligence will he do this again? " and " should there be some kind of a policy put in place to show accountability for such things? "

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

The contractor should be charged the cost of the re load, deducted from the load. People learn quicker when it takes money from their pockets.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

No exceptions? None at all? Not even for "proper" L-track, which is stronger and lighter than E-track?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No exceptions? None at all? Not even for "proper" L-track, which is stronger and lighter than E-track?
I took Guido's use of the word "e-track" as being generic for any load securing system. Kinda like kleenex with a small "k" or jake brake.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was Thinking. ....lol....If you bought one of those Video Cams you could video how you secure your cargo for your Haters.......:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

I don't think I want to see what goes on in there when the curtains are closed. :eek:

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

guido4475

Not a Member
I took Guido's use of the word "e-track" as being generic for any load securing system. Kinda like kleenex with a small "k" or jake brake.

Thank you for being able to comprehend what I was trying to say..I guess so those not so gifted can understand, I should of said "proper load securement devices"....turtle, you know what I was trying to say..don't be such a .......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Thank you for being able to comprehend what I was trying to say..I guess so those not so gifted can understand, I should of said "proper load securement devices"....turtle, you know what I was trying to say..don't be such a .......
Good. I think that encompasses duct tape and wire hangers.