Dot tape

tknight

Veteran Expediter
After seeing a post on dot reflective tape that I couldn't post on I'll share this here. The best deal I've ever seen on this way over priced commodity at truck stops and auto stores even Wally World is the deal on it at harbor freight it's actually good quality and half the price if not more cheaper . Good stuff !

Reactions: ttruck

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great idea. Never thought to check Harbor Freight. But, I paid less then $10 for the 4 precut sections that I put on my van. Got them at Walmart.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it mandatory if tape is used does it need to be DOT approved for an under 10k van?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is it mandatory if tape is used does it need to be DOT approved for an under 10k van?
No.

4182916041_b54f85f47d.jpg

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Retroreflective Sheeting in red and white strips or white strips is required only on trailers and tractors that are regulated by the FMCSA. This material is discussed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Standards at 501.108 and states, at S5.7.1.5 Certification. The letters DOT-C2, DOT-C3, or DOT-C4, as appropriate, constituting a certification that the retroreflective sheeting conforms to the requirements of S5.7.1.2, shall appear at least once on the exposed surface of each white or red segment of retroreflective sheeting, and at least once every 300 mm on retroreflective sheeting that is white only. The characters shall be not less than 3 mm high, and shall be permanently stamped, etched, molded, or printed in indelible ink.

This federal requirement does not apply to straight trucks no vans, therefore the certification is not required on the reflective sheeting used on these trucks

Reactions: Treadmill and Greg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The reason I mentioned it to Bill..his dark grey Transit and small tail lights....in the horizon, it kind of disappears blends in...and hard to see....:)

Reactions: ntimevan

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Tractor supply or what ever they call themselves now sell it by the 30ft roll. Easy to use and easy to repair torn sections without replacing the entire strip. 30ft roll comes in a reusable package for easy storage.