Don't mess with Ted

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Fetishization of the taking of human life.

BTW - did you mean Article 2 (of the Constitution) ... or did you actually mean the 2nd Amendment ?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last I heard, it still isn't legal to kill someone for "messing with" you - though if Texas has changed that, I wouldn't be totally shocked, I guess.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I meant Article Two of the Bill of Rights sometimes also called the Second Amendment. I don't know, and don't care to know, about your fetishes.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This old soldier - a true war hero - was called into service by his country to fight and kill a uniformed enemy and encountered them on a foreign battlefield under the worst possible conditions. It's amazing how few people today realize what those young men suffered through in the Battle of the Bulge, and what it was like during that winter in Bastogne and the Ardennes forest. It was a completely different scenario from the conflict we have today against the cowardly barbarians that hide among civilians and send gullible, ignorant teenage minions into crowds of innocents to blow up themselves along with women and children under the guise of their "religion".

What's also admirable - aside from the sacrifices made by this true war hero - is the ability he retains at his age to make those shots with both types of weapons, not only the one like he used in 1944 but also today's hi-tech rig. This is a God-given skill that few people have at any age.

We should all make the effort to show our appreciation to these men for what they did back then, while they're still here with us.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's also admirable - aside from the sacrifices made by this true war hero - is the ability he retains at his age to make those shots with both types of weapons, not only the one like he used in 1944 but also today's hi-tech rig. This is a God-given skill that few people have at any age.
It's crazy. Even though it was like the one he used in 1944, it was still nevertheless a weapon he had never fired before. And he hit the target on his first shot, improved with the second, and nailed the center with his third. At 300 yards. Then, at 1000 yards, nails it on his first shot, then grouping five shots, with a weapon he'd never even seen before. Who does that? It's crazy.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I meant Article Two of the Bill of Rights sometimes also called the Second Amendment.
It is called/labelled/enumerated specifically in the BOR as the Second Amendment, having been previously referred to generically/unspecifically as an Article.

Just wanted to make sure what it was you referring to ... thought it might been something from "Godfather Politics" or something

I don't know, and don't care to know, about your fetishes.
I was, of course, actually referring to your continual and ongoing vocalizations about your personal urges and desires to do violence, or see it done to others ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no urge or desire to do violence to anyone and will oppose that to the full extent possible. I have no problem with consequences being severe enough to deter illegal acts.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have no urge or desire to do violence to anyone and will oppose that to the full extent possible. I have no problem with consequences being severe enough to deter illegal acts.

Like killing spammers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like executing felons that steal millions of dollars from others.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My position is the same. I'm just attempting to expand on it for those who can't comprehend the short version.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are plenty to fill in the spaces. The point is to recognize and honor a member of the greatest generation so perhaps we can stick with the intended point.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This old soldier - a true war hero - was called into service by his country to fight and kill a uniformed enemy and encountered them on a foreign battlefield under the worst possible conditions. It's amazing how few people today realize what those young men suffered through in the Battle of the Bulge, and what it was like during that winter in Bastogne and the Ardennes forest. It was a completely different scenario from the conflict we have today against the cowardly barbarians that hide among civilians and send gullible, ignorant teenage minions into crowds of innocents to blow up themselves along with women and children under the guise of their "religion".

We should all make the effort to show our appreciation to these men for what they did back then, while they're still here with us.

IMO, the best way to honor the sacrifices made [and I, for one, have read & continue to read about WW2, and am truly appreciative of the fact that we have never been bombed on a daily basis in our own homes] would be to work for peaceful solutions to disagreements.
Killing people is a barbaric way to solve a problem - especially when the people killed played no role in the difference of opinion.
I appreciate what they did, and their motives for doing it, but I really want leaders to at least TRY to stop making our youth [our future] keep making those sacrifices, unless there is absolutely no alternative [as with Hitler, who wouldn't have stopped.]

"Greatest generation"? I'd have to say that was the one that produced our founding fathers, myself. Their equal has not been seen since, IMO.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
"Greatest generation"? I'd have to say that was the one that produced our founding fathers, myself. Their equal has not been seen since, IMO.
Interesting you should mention that - it was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw the words used in this thread ... ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
People will rise to the tasks before them. The Greatest Generation was raised up out of the Great Depression and was immediately presented with WWII. As the originator of the phrase, Tom Brokaw noted, they didn't fight for fame or recognition, but because it was the right thing to do. The same can be said for the Founding Fathers, although many of them didn't exactly shy away from fame and recognition.