Dodge Promaster

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder if a deep air dam and trailer skirts would help at all on a van or sprinter.

I've often thought of that...then I get thinking snow banks and some of the crap we get into....

Nothing wrong with a steady 22 MPG's and then throw in an occassional 24-26 in this old beast almost 6,000 lbs empty.....at 55 mph and 2500 lb load STILL get 23-24....Screw North American slop buckets...LOL

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
A used ford is my only option for now, low payments and and can pay off early, but when I get older then maybe Benz, fiat or Nissan :)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I only buy used..my last truck was $17,200 w/ 40,000 on it...new was $33,000 that's .39 p/m you are loosing ..and would only take 4 + months to burn up those miles

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
Ture, this one I'm getting has 157,000 on it. But I seen the service record on it, a company in Georgia owned it and was completely serviced form drive tran to engine regularly up to 150,000 and then a dealer used it. Clean carfax, great service record. Love the carfax.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oooops! Interesting that in Europe the cabin, minus seats is included in the total volume figure.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If you got a pension, plus what u earn on the road, you could pay off a new Promaster in a year.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not really an issue IRL.

It is an issue if volume is the most important factor when purchasing a cargo van. The manufacturer's specifications should be counted on as being accurate. Going from 530 cubic feet to under 470 cubic feet could be a deal breaker for some. Besides, its false advertising.

Who wouldn't just measure the cargo area itself?

I don't measure the bore and stroke of an engine to make sure the manufacturer isn't cheating me out of some litres. I guess I'm too trusting.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree it's a mistake and false advertising but anyone dropping 35 grand on what provides your income without measuring the cargo area, well caveat emptor and e pluribus unum.