Dodge Promaster

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
Yes I seen that after looking at the Nissan, has a nice setup and comfort too bad it's 10 feet, I'm just going to get something used to run for a couple years, then trade in and get a new one, just not sure how reliable the promaster is going to be, out the door. I do want one, awesome setup for sure, just not ready to put all my eggs in that basket yet. And I really like to have the desiel version but that's being held back, not sure why, I know it will come with auto shift tarns, maybe that's the issue?

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
I know this is not part of the topic, but I would love to see Toyota or Honda get in the game, I have two Toyota vans And I love them, and my wife won't give hers up lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I notice that article was written 9 months ago....July 26 2013.....corporations sometimes move at a snails pace.....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope I don't, looks like gm will be left behind for awhile In this market.

What would not surprise me is if GM were to develop a close relationship, or possibly buy, a body builder such as Supreme/Morgan/etc. They could closely integrate such a body with the Cutaway chassis, with shared knowledge that would give them an advantage over the other builders. They could do the same thing with a company that deals with high-roof conversions.
This is old-school thinking, to be sure, but some folks are more comfortable with that, compared with the paradigm shift required to get long-term comfortable with the new vans.

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
Wrong on others, but after some looking here's GM's answer to the connect, not sure for larger vans, looks if they are going with Nissan for the large vans too? The still leaves ram promaster a top choice but ford hasn't got theirs to market yet.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If GM were to buy a body company they would have done it in the TooKick/Kodiak era.
They're just not real interested in the commercial truck market.
And why buy a body company ?
It ain't rocket science. U-Haul has been building their bodies for years. In about 6 different locations. That may be more plants than Morgan or Supreme.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just IMO....the cube is history....the way the government is going with this MPG mandate....the cubes will not be anywhere near the 20 MPG target....guess it'll depend on what category they are classified in....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just IMO....the cube is history....the way the government is going with this MPG mandate....the cubes will not be anywhere near the 20 MPG target....guess it'll depend on what category they are classified in....

True; I was thinking of the SRW cubes. I noticed yesterday that Lincoln is repowering the Navigator with the Eco Boost V6, as part of a 2015 refresh. Does GM have a smaller, powerful engine to put in its vans? Both of these are stopgap measures, but...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
True; I was thinking of the SRW cubes. I noticed yesterday that Lincoln is repowering the Navigator with the Eco Boost V6, as part of a 2015 refresh. Does GM have a smaller, powerful engine to put in its vans? Both of these are stopgap measures, but...

Honestly I don't know....I just know 12-14 MPG in the small truck/van market is not going to cut it....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its way to soon to declare the promaster the best expediting vehicle out there. Not much different than saying that about the ford. It already gets less mpg than the sprinter and has less length. I like the pm but just way to soon to place a crown on it.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its way to soon to declare the promaster the best expediting vehicle out there. Not much different than saying that about the ford. It already gets less mpg than the sprinter and has less length. I like the pm but just way to soon to place a crown on it.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Real world driving results will be the judge....:)