Dodge Promaster

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Has anyone here on the forums purchased one or did a close look? I heard rumors that they modified the larger one because it was unstable going around curves.:confused:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like them. Waiting to see real world fuel economy for the gas engine. Diesel is delayed until at least next spring.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Driving the 50 miles to my cousin's I pass 3 dealers. As of this week one had zero, one had one L and one H roof inside their "prison fenced" side yard and the last had one L and two H in front by the curb. Now that I know they are there I will leave early next time and stop to see the ones on the public lot.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Local dealer here has 9 in stock, all high roof but short model. Still haven't seen a long and tall. Promaster forum's report dealers already discounting $4500 off MSRP :thumbup:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Local dealer here has 9 in stock, all high roof but short model. Still haven't seen a long and tall. Promaster forum's report dealers already discounting $4500 off MSRP :thumbup:

Makes me think there is an unpublished rebate to the dealer.
It's all about getting them off the lot and into the marketplace.
If accepted well, and demand gets ahead of supply, the discounts will dry up.
So get off the fence, and get one NOW !

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Makes me think there is an unpublished rebate to the dealer.
It's all about getting them off the lot and into the marketplace.
If accepted well, and demand gets ahead of supply, the discounts will dry up.
So get off the fence, and get one NOW !

I never buy new. I'll let someone else take the hit.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How do feel about the Transit Combinator? At least the gas engine V6 Eco Boost has got favorable results with the F150 application for awhile, not sure about the V6 Penstar. I prefer new in vans because I don't like inheriting someone else's misuse, I am real easy on all my equipment and don't cheat on maint., also I really like to design my sleeper from the ground up.
I never buy new. I'll let someone else take the hit.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have to admit Dodge makes some nice looking cars but when it comes to commercial vans they choose ugly. The old Ram Vans that were extended length looked unstable to me because the body behind the rear axle looked like it was too far. I imagine it was like a diving board. My Ford E350 was somewhat like that but was proper weight distribution never was a problem.
Even sin isn't that ugly.....seen a black one in toledo,oh

pwrwagn

Active Expediter
The promaster forum has a guy that's running the longest, tallest version, and he claims about 17 loaded and 19-20 empty with the gas V-6

guido4475

Not a Member
Not bad coupled with the cheaper cost of owning a gas powered van.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
I saw a few long and tall ones on flatbeds this weekend. Still ugly...lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They all look about the same from the driver's seat. It's from the spreadsheet that they look ugly or not.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
The Dodge Boys are waiting for you when you need Service,or parts.I still have bad dreams of that they did to Sprinter owners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've starting to see them on the road being used by contractors. Hopefully I'll run into one soon at a fuel stop and find out how they like driving them and ask about fuel milage.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
According to a news print add, the Doge has, the best in class interior 65" vertical, pay load 4,420 lbs, cargo capacity 530 cubic ft.