Doctor shopping

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't mean shopping for lower standards [if you're looking for that, I wouldn't help if I could], but lower cost. And truck parking - it's amazing how many places offer services for truck drivers, but no place to park a truck. I'd much prefer to use my longtime family doc, but she doesn't do them, though I've suggested it a few times over the years, lol.
Best price I found was the Concentra at 11700 Metro Airport Center Dr in Romulus, Mi, $56.50. [The Concentra nearest my home was $63.50, and one family doc clinic in Toledo was $85!]
You can't park a truck in front, but around the back are lots of free spots.
I'm sure we'll need to revise the list when the new rules take effect, and I sure hope they add a LOT more locations, cause so far, there's slim pickins on their list.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Cheri- I do know that Laura said that Load1 gets a discount for physicals at one of the Concentras by the yard.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I don't mean shopping for lower standards [if you're looking for that, I wouldn't help if I could], but lower cost. And truck parking - it's amazing how many places offer services for truck drivers, but no place to park a truck. I'd much prefer to use my longtime family doc, but she doesn't do them, though I've suggested it a few times over the years, lol.
Best price I found was the Concentra at 11700 Metro Airport Center Dr in Romulus, Mi, $56.50. [The Concentra nearest my home was $63.50, and one family doc clinic in Toledo was $85!]
You can't park a truck in front, but around the back are lots of free spots.
I'm sure we'll need to revise the list when the new rules take effect, and I sure hope they add a LOT more locations, cause so far, there's slim pickins on their list.

Maybe this will help some in the future for somebody,this guy is already certified and I think only 47.00.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
The Petro on I94 exit 333 in Racine, WI has a chiropractor that isI authorized to do CDL physicals. I haven't been there in some time but I believe the cost is $60.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I've found that the Concentra at 29750 Ecorse, in Romulus, is a lot less congested than the one in Airport Park, or the one near Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. As far as truck parking, you'll have to decide if it's worth it to park on the side of the road going into the industrial park, next to Concentra. I wouldn't see a problem with it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Great link, RR - thanks.
Jenny: I tried to call the Concentra on Middlebelt for a price check, [it's where I went last time, but I forgot what it cost], and the listed phone number didn't work, so I just left it off. I know they have truck parking, though.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great link, RR - thanks.
Jenny: I tried to call the Concentra on Middlebelt for a price check, [it's where I went last time, but I forgot what it cost], and the listed phone number didn't work, so I just left it off. I know they have truck parking, though.

I dont think it's there any longer. We are sent to the one on Ecorse Rd nowv

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont think it's there any longer. We are sent to the one on Ecorse Rd nowv

Yeah the one in Taylor by Gibraltar Trade Center is closed. $35 DOT physical with Load One at Concentra if that's all your looking for Cheri.