Do straight truck have to keep a log book

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Not hauling logs so do not need no stinkin log book!!! sorry couldnt resist :D Welcome new guy better get legal fast

southernbboi

Active Expediter
my hills are looking good for me there are truck stops on every other exit a log book its really nothing to stop in and grab a few and just put the works to it all states are different with straight trucks some you stop and scale in and some you don't would think alot of you smart guys on here would no that since you no everything else look like im real sure some of you thats talking all this bull and adding extra to what i ask is not running perfect out there all the time i bet when you see the dot you start clenching your butt cheeks and start to shaking in your boots because you riding dirty over loaded got a log book but you no it all lies in it if you gone talk law breaking dont leave any out

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
You better remember to stop and scale at ANY weigh station you come across.

Here's your technical answer. If you are running interstate or inTRAstate freight within 150 miles of your home terminal EXCLUSIVELY, then you do not need a log book, but you will need a time card. Being caught without a log book could earn you a quick trip to the local pokey, not withstanding a significant fine. The very least that may happen is that you get put out of service for the next ten hours.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You do realize that as was pointed out that as long as you are crossing state lines that you fall under FEDERAL laws....not each states....You have heard of the DOT and the FMCSA....and they Regulate "interstate" trucks.....:rolleyes:

but personally I think you are just here playing games and nothing more...:D

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow what a bunch of smarta** van drivers here.

To answer your question - YES straight trucks drivers need to log. I would get a paper log from one of the truck stops, ask one of the guys there to explain the basics to you for a meal or coffee. Many southern truckers are willing to help out.

AS for the engine, sorry guys, they make a multi fuel engine. They have for a few decades in the military, it ran on gas (not well though), diesel and anything else that burned.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
my hills are looking good for me there are truck stops on every other exit a log book its really nothing to stop in and grab a few and just put the works to it all states are different with straight trucks some you stop and scale in and some you don't would think alot of you smart guys on here would no that since you no everything else look like im real sure some of you thats talking all this bull and adding extra to what i ask is not running perfect out there all the time i bet when you see the dot you start clenching your butt cheeks and start to shaking in your boots because you riding dirty over loaded got a log book but you no it all lies in it if you gone talk law breaking dont leave any out
Well what a smart *** you are, you ask the question then you indicate here that you know the answer then you dont like some of us trying to inject a little comedy here go on down the road and run illegal if you want see ya

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well what a smart *** you are, you ask the question then you indicate here that you know the answer then you dont like some of us trying to inject a little comedy here go on down the road and run illegal if you want see ya

You read all that? :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't anyone use punctuation anymore?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

southernbboi

Active Expediter
ha ha so many of these guys cracks me up and i bet they are driving under someone else belt making happy meal money if i wanna turn down loads i can do so the trucks or paid for im not under no one authority but mines so when i do roll i earn all my pie not the crumbs left over like some of you thats taking shots at give me a few months some of you probably be coming to work for me :D

paullud

Veteran Expediter
ha ha so many of these guys cracks me up and i bet they are driving under someone else belt making happy meal money if i wanna turn down loads i can do so the trucks or paid for im not under no one authority but mines so when i do roll i earn all my pie not the crumbs left over like some of you thats taking shots at give me a few months some of you probably be coming to work for me :D

I think you will be out of business before I could send in an application. You act like you know everything but don't even know the basics of the driving industry, I guess CSA 2010 may be a good thing. You think you can just jump behind the wheel and make money but you don't have the required business sense to do so not to mention your lack of education shows in your typing, spelling, and use of the language.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'd never judge anybody for lack of spelling or typing ability. I am a very good speller but I'm a terrible typer.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I'd never judge anybody for lack of spelling or typing ability. I am a very good speller but I'm a terrible typer.

Yes but Southernboii seems to think he knows everything

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I would not have mentioned typing but there is just a complete lack of punctuation and capitalization. Typos are very common but he isn't capable of trying or is just to lazy either way a bad combination for someone that thinks they will be running a trucking company.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I would not have mentioned typing but there is just a complete lack of punctuation and capitalization. Typos are very common but he isn't capable of trying or is just to lazy either way a bad combination for someone that thinks they will be running a trucking company.

i are a truckdriver;;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think the phrase you are searching for is "marginally comprehensible communications skills". :D

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I've heard a lot of debate about this subject over the years. I am just leased to a company and THEY (dirty rotten rascals) require logs. If I were in southernboi's situation, I believe I would just run without 'em and find out. If you do, please keep us informed as to how it works out for you. I, for one, really appreciate learning from other people's experiences :)