Diesel dropping faster than gas

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Some of my info is from what my hubby tells me.
He talks of how diesel was always cheaper than gas, back in the good old days. For many reasons, it became more expensive at the pumps.
A trend we are now seeing, is that the pump price of deisel is dropping faster than gas prices.
This week in Texas we paid $2.05 and in Mo. $2.03.
At the same stations, gas was $1.59 and $1.49.
Not too long ago the difference was $2 or more a gallon between gas and deisel.
Hope this trend continues.
Kathy

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Johnny told me some reasons he thinks it has gone down more than gas.
I guess this is where I ask you, why do you want diesel to stay so much above the cost of gas.
Thank you,
Kathy

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Very good.

Yep, when diesel is high my bottom line improves.

Moreover, I own stock in several major oil companies.

And even if I didn't have a gasser...it still wouldn't be an issue.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
the difference in price is just crazy. some places 70-80 cents. here on 41 in indiana its 20 cents.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I doubt it with diesel, OVM. Trucks aren't rolling enough to justify prices going up. Just look at the J. It's not so much the price of diesel going down, it's the drop in the volume of trucks that are killing them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I doubt it with diesel, OVM. Trucks aren't rolling enough to justify prices going up. Just look at the J. It's not so much the price of diesel going down, it's the drop in the volume of trucks that are killing them.

Yeah...I guess...supply and demand....

I used to make money off the FSC....these low fuel prices are killing my bottomline!....Isn't that weird!!!!

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter

I used to make money off the FSC....these low fuel prices are killing my bottomline!....Isn't that weird!!!!

i'm just hoping that when the price does stat going back up they raise the FSC as qickly as then lowered it. he he mhahaha
HAHAHA

**** i really did try saying
that with a streight face

CharlesD

Expert Expediter

For those of us who are bidding all inclusive rates instead of getting a flat rate and a surcharge, low prices are a Godsend.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At $4.00 a gallon I was getting about 23 cents FSC and it was costing me .18 a mile for fuel to run....so I was pocketing .05 a mile...

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Just think how good your bottom line would have been had you not been restricted by "Flat Rate FSC's".

Some of us were getting 52 cents per mile.

Last October I had one at 60 cpm.

The FSC was almost as much as the loaded mile rate.

I would like to publicly praise those carriers who still pay 100% of the FSC to the O/O and adjust the rate based on the each individual load.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What a sad and scary thing it is, when a business gets praise for being honest and ethical.
I wouldn't run for a carrier who didn't pass 100% of the FS to whomever is paying for the fuel, and adjust the FS according to the actual cost of fuel.