Did We Miss Sometning Here?

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
After dogging it for about a year we finally gave in and got our FAST Cards. We went thru the whole process, the background check and the interview process, got our cards.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a secure America and better border policies as much as the next guy. But when receiving our cards the Customs Agents spelled out the proper usage of the Card and the 'Fast Lanes'. The Card for us seems useless!

To use the Fast Lanes we both have to be Fast approved, the Company has to be Fast approved, and the load HAS TO BE a FAST load. PARS stickers loads (what we haul) are not Fast Loads - we still have to sit in the traffic lines.

It appears the only thing the card gives is my picture and background on the agents screen when we pull up to the booth. Did I miss something along the way? Is there some other benefit i've missed? Can someone please enlighten me?

The Gibster

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I would believe that a fast card tells the agent that you aren't a likely threat. That would be a bonus when you get a jerk at the booth who likes to pull over anyone who doesn't have every T crossed. We spent two hours waiting for a 15 minute inspection in Ft. Erie cause we misunderstood what the moron asked. I believe having a fast sticker on our truck may have prevented an unnecessary delay.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe he is refering to the bridge sticker in the windshield that is $100.00 When you have this, you don't pay the $5.00 bridge fee. The other is the fast decal. You still pay whether you have the fast decal or not.
Davekc

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Dave must have Mother's Day on his mind in refering to the $100 sticker as a bridge fee. I'm sure he meant to say the $100 U.S. Customs user fee that they collect from commercial vehicles entering the USA. Bridge tolls are additional.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Terry, you are correct. But you know it is going to change tomarrow:)
Davekc

TheGoodGuy

Expert Expediter
We have the Fast Pass for each individual driver, but I've never heard
of the Fast Decal.

We have been off since November, and going back to work this week, the decal must be something new? If so, I was wondering who issues it?

:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The sticker they are talking about is probably the FAST transponder. That is a must if you are going to run a FAST load. While you may not run much freight now that would be FAST, I would expect that as time goes on there will be more companies getting on the program.

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
:7 :7 :7

Thanks Loose! The situation is perfectly clear now, it's the half-Fast card!

You're a genius:D :D

The Gibster (LMHO)

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
Hey, Gibster...ya know, I help out when I can...looks like all you border crossers are going to have to get that Half-Fast card now...

Loose