December Locations

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Consensus is "valve train wear". 403K worth of it. Still reliable though. Found a few drop in replacements. Got 2 calls within 13 minutes of dropping in onto Craigslist.

You said that it was an intermittent misfire? Maybe it is a worn valve spring? I remember having this issue on one of the vehicles that the company I used to work for and it ended up being a worn out valve spring, it only had like 90,000 miles on it at that time, but after the valve spring was replaced, it ran fine for lots more miles.

Depending on which cylinder is misfiring, changing a valve spring is pretty easy, don't have to tear down the motor to do it, fill the cylinder with compressed air, and they are easy to change.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
2000-2200 on 3 of the right bank cylinders, supposedly. I started to change the valve springs, even buying an air compressor, but then held off after the dealer said most likely it's the whole top end with excessive wear. I should. This thing does not burn a drop of oil. Or even leak a drop of oil. And has never let me down. Not to say I have not had repairs, but they have been more or less on my terms.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mississippi out of service, going to let Spongebox do his truck thing while I figure out if/when I need to get home for a funeral. My ex father in law passed away and it's been a few yrs since I've seen him but he was a good man and I'm worried my boys will take his passing hard.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app
You're a good person pandora, a good person. :)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Got a jersey reprieve my pickup changed locations ,went from 5 miles to 75 miles plus tolls got there load was to tall ,really needed a flat bed got into verbal altercation with pimp who told me to lay it down I told him bite me 4000 lb electronic rack with nice glass digital display customer would never allow that to be flipped so I had to sit and wait till some suit made a decision ,then I told my pimp he owed me 150 for extra mile loss of job and bs wait time! He said no way I told him goodbye it was a pleasure driving for you for the past 3 years,next sound he heard was a dial tone ,my other pimp (different company)got me a similar run in less than 5 min. On my way to Nashville
now. Got call from office manager pimpett,I got my 150,it pays to be a dick! Stand your ground is what I say

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SC to OH after I drop this OH to SC and a nap.

Fred-Flintstone-Taking-a-Nap-the-flintstones-7005103-500-376.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the Taylor area....waiting for westward travel.....winter storm is also headed this way....1st stop Bison SD and heading south east....SNOW predicted for Memphis by weeks end

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the Taylor area....waiting for westward travel.....winter storm is also headed this way....1st stop Bison SD and heading south east....SNOW predicted for Memphis by weeks end

I turned down a load going to Fargo for tomorrow. Did not like the looks of that storm. Staying within 12 hours of the house in case I have to run for it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I turned down a load going to Fargo for tomorrow. Did not like the looks of that storm. Staying within 12 hours of the house in case I have to run for it.

good move....looks like its going to get nasty up that way.....they are talking 18-24 inches....ugh

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
good move....looks like its going to get nasty up that way.....they are talking 18-24 inches....ugh

Heading to Janesville, WI, easy shot out of there. Can get home quickly. Better than tornadoes, hurricanes or large hail. Sharp line between rain and snow on this one. My house is in the rain section.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Paul and Ragman....no services, he had a stroke many yrs ago after moving from Washington to Indy so just his wife, 2 sons and 3 grandkids to attend. My two boys seem to be handling it okay, but even though they are grown you never stop being a parent. You always want to make the pain go away, hug them and anything you can to make life not so harsh.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2