December Locations

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Think I'll fry up some porkchops to stay warm...can ya smell em yet?:D

They were sure good with that mushroom gravy...

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
It might be a good idea to keep your fantisies to yourself in the future. :eek:

Fantasy? This is a survival stategy technique!! Desperate times call for desperate measures!! I know it is slow, and trying to be patient, but c'mon!! I gotta admit, the pay blows me away!!Awesome!!

In Mt.Vernon now,got a shortie today.

For once I love to be put on hold from Load One, they have the best music on the phones..Awesome!! and happy music! I have been singing the B.J. and the bear theme song all day long..lol.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Fantasy? This is a survival stategy technique!! Desperate times call for desperate measures!! I know it is slow, and trying to be patient, but c'mon!! I gotta admit, the pay blows me away!!Awesome!!

In Mt.Vernon now,got a shortie today.

For once I love to be put on hold from Load One, they have the best music on the phones..Awesome!! and happy music! I have been singing the B.J. and the bear theme song all day long..lol.

Ok, here comes my how I got into trucking story with two variations, both are true:

1) Grandfather and father were both in the business and I learned from when I was a kid.

2) I went to Greibling Elementary School in Howell NJ up to 4th grade. The only famous person to graduate from Greibling Elementary and to have his picture hang in the entrance was Greg Evigan, the super famous actor who played BJ in BJ and the bear.

Both are true, I am not sure which one had the greatest career influence.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hey Guido...has he called to brag yet? Heading back to Michigan with one out of San Antonio!

High Fives to DISPATCH!!!!:)

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yesterday dead head St Louis up to the Bloomington Il area to rescue a load from one of our trucks that broke down and delivered in Laredo this afternoon, parked at the J took a nap then walked across to the TA for dinner now back in the van thinking of some more sleep and hoping for a good load out of Laredo though too many straights and vans sitting here in Laredo like its a convention or maybe these are the snow bird expediters hiding from the winter weather down here any way thinking if I dont get a load out of here tomorrow will make a dead run for some where else

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Monkeys can rip a face off

True story...when we were living in Canada we took some visiting relatives thru the local lion country which included numerous monkeys. Ken had just bought an old classic car and we were touring in this. Needless to say when the monkeys attacked the car and started peeling off the trim the expression on his face was........

priceless!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Currently sitting in front of the fireplace browsing the Internet on my iPad. Can't say I miss the truck stops, but I do miss the occasional lunch at Bob's Clam Hut. A short vacation to New England might be in order come spring.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ok, here comes my how I got into trucking story with two variations, both are true:

1) Grandfather and father were both in the business and I learned from when I was a kid.

And you learned well.It shows through out the company, every aspect of it.

2) I went to Greibling Elementary School in Howell NJ up to 4th grade. The only famous person to graduate from Greibling Elementary and to have his picture hang in the entrance was Greg Evigan, the super famous actor who played BJ in BJ and the bear.

Both are true, I am not sure which one had the greatest career influence.

I have the whole series of BJ and the Bear on DVD.Not the best quality,but it is still understandable.There were 3 Kenworth tractors used for that series.2 of them are in Wisconsin, fully restored to original condition, and 1 trailer.The 3rd Tractor is in Australia.The same guy in Wisconsin also has the Tractor that Sonny Pruitt (Claude Akins) used in the series "Movin on".

Separate subject: how am I able to post in the Load One carrier forum?It will not let me.

guido4475

Not a Member
True story...when we were living in Canada we took some visiting relatives thru the local lion country which included numerous monkeys. Ken had just bought an old classic car and we were touring in this. Needless to say when the monkeys attacked the car and started peeling off the trim the expression on his face was........

priceless!

I bet Ken went ape**** !!! lol...

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey Guido...has he called to brag yet? Heading back to Michigan with one out of San Antonio!

See, I knew he'd get out of there real quick.He and I agreed it is not the area, but the agressiveness of the dispatchers and the contacts, along with the reputation that will get a driver out of there, regardless of the amount of trucks there.Yes, the dispatch at Load One is awesome, real pleasent, and hard working.I can hear it in their voice.I hate to call them and see what's going on,for fear I am interrupting them in finding loads.

Now if only I could get so lucky...lol.God knows I need it.

ASE has been awesome on making sure my last 2 checks were deposited as usual, and the escrow refund has a date set for that also.Nice to know That a person leaving can be freindly, the way it should be,full of understanding.No hard feelings at all.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Good morning from sunny Laredo temp 55 will be around 85 for high today so says weather.com. hoping to get out of here today

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I have the whole series of BJ and the Bear on DVD.Not the best quality,but it is still understandable.There were 3 Kenworth tractors used for that series.2 of them are in Wisconsin, fully restored to original condition, and 1 trailer.The 3rd Tractor is in Australia.The same guy in Wisconsin also has the Tractor that Sonny Pruitt (Claude Akins) used in the series "Movin on".

Separate subject: how am I able to post in the Load One carrier forum?It will not let me.

Send a pm to Lawrence or Dreamer...they will push the right buttons to get you in.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
See, I knew he'd get out of there real quick.He and I agreed it is not the area, but the agressiveness of the dispatchers and the contacts, along with the reputation that will get a driver out of there, regardless of the amount of trucks there.Yes, the dispatch at Load One is awesome, real pleasent, and hard working.I can hear it in their voice.I hate to call them and see what's going on,for fear I am interrupting them in finding loads.

Now if only I could get so lucky...lol.God knows I need it.
Hmm, glad to know that. Here it is Wed. and I have a total miles for this week 0 :rolleyes:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Wow, good for him!! I'm here since Saturday. I went by his van a couple times and there were no signs of life. Maybe next time...