December is a time to remember

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've already redeemed 249,800 points for some really nice stuff. I redeem and then start over again. I just a few minutes ago answered correctly the question that put me over the top at 41,800 which gets me the awesome awesome Down Inc.® 12-inch Sewn-Thru Boxstitch Down Comforter - Full/Queen.

Boxstitch_zps509faf38.jpg

It's a duvet, actually, and not a comforter, technically speaking, so it requires a duvet cover (like a really big pillowcase for the comforter) because it's a lot easier to wash the cover than it is the down-filled comforter. I got a $50 flannel duvet cover from Amazon. You'll find these comforters (excuse me, duvet inserts) mostly in high end bedding and department stores like Saks, Bloomingdales, and at high end hotels. Amazon has them, but it's 3-5 weeks lead time on shipping.

I'm familiar with this comforter on three levels. One, I stayed at a Radisson in Bristol, CT and this was on the beds there. It was so soft and comfortable and warm and awesome that I made inquiries at the front desk, and never forgot it. Two, I once delivered a UPS LTL load of something or another to Maple Leaf Farms in Leesburg, IN (just north of Warsaw) where they farm only white Pekin duck for grocery stores, online sales and the restaurant industry. They are the parent company of Down Inc, and that's where the feathers come from for the down in these comforters. Three, I've delivered 3 or 4 times to the Eurasia Feather Company in Grand Rapids, MI, another company under Maple Leaf Farms, which is where the duck feathers are washed, sanitized and sorted for Down Inc, which is located at the same Eurasia facility. It was quite the tour. The last time I delivered there was when I decided to add this item to my Wish List.

This comforter is most often sold in the $250-$300 range, so even the points required to get it through Gold Rewards is a bargain. Not to mention the entire rewards program is a bargain. If you're looking for a really nice down comforter for the house (excuse me, duvet insert), this is one that I highly recommend you take a look at, in whatever size you need.

Thank you for the program, John. ;)

Incidentally, tracking my Black Friday order at UPS, it's due to be delivered on Tuesday the 23rd. Hey, that's today!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Those are really nice. I have stayed at some hotels that use them and they are sweet! Plus just washing the cover does seem a lot easier and more practical.

Well as we wrap the year up we have been reviewing the rewards program. Always looking for ways to improve or enhance things. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on it?

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
jelliott; Well as we wrap the year up we have been reviewing the rewards program. Always looking for ways to improve or enhance things. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on it?[/QUOTE said:
Nope, just a thanks for it, the wife and I sit down on our anniversary each year and spend whatever points I earned. Its nice to get gifts

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We received all of our Gold Rewards and Load One Black Friday orders. Lots of presents.

Thanks and Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I got mine today, too.

Well, except for the Original Hooded Thermal Lined Sweatshirt - B/O.
Wow

W

Windsor

I got mine today, too.

Well, except for the Original Hooded Thermal Lined Sweatshirt - B/O.
Wow

Still waiting on my thermal lined zip up hoodie. Got my name on it so I'm sure it takes longer, can't wait to get it. Saw Guido's and had to have one.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Mine came yesterday, but I haven't seen any of it yet. Headed home tomorrow.

Dropped at the wonderful Dearborn assembly and headed to the yard for the night. Did get an early present though. Walked into the building to take a shower and there sat eb at the table. Haven't seen him for over a year.

Chillin right now after finally getting some chow. Glad I don't have to drive on this rainy, foggy, nasty night. Hope everyone is where they want to be.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Looking pretty good on getting most people home or where they want to be this Christmas! Thank you to those drivers who chose to stay out!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I got one staying out that needs a load today, the other two dispatch has taken care of. LIKE !!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Marry Christmas everyone. I was planning on staying home until after the first but Larry called with one picking up Friday delivering Tuesday in SC so I said yes