December is a time to remember

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks to everyone who did the survey. We are 60 percent to having enough completed already. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to complete it.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks to everyone who did the survey. We are 60 percent to having enough completed already. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to complete it.
Survey complete. I still chuckle about whether daycare is important.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered in San Antonio Tuesday, Wednesday morning went towards huston and got a load that afternoon. Over the last 8 months I've had three loads out of there you might consider it.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Just delivered this morning. Counting on dispatch to work there magic

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
So.... Apparently a tractor trailer who's initials I will not mention but the word crusty comes to mind, decided that he didn't like his lane on US 54 in Kansas. :eek: With his bright lights on doing about 63 MPH (insert sarcasm):confused: in my lane coming straight at me.. :what:. So as not do die I slam on the brakes, swerve on to the shoulder, throw my codriver out of bed and have to sit for a minute to catch my breath and change my under garments. :what: Then another one decides he doesn't want to be driving on I40 due to the black ice in NM, he would rather drive under it. He was okay thank God. . Scary night out here last night. :confused:I know sometimes dispatch may not always understand why we are on edge, but sometimes this stuff just freaks me out, especially after I have had time to think about what might have been the alternative. Happy to still be walking this earth today. . And love dispatch for keeping us running. . Thank you dispatchers, bid team, customer solutions, and logistics.... Hope I didn't leave anyone out. .

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No snake eyes today. Although they did scare me when they called with a time change.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good Friday morning everyone. Woke up to a cool, crisp but sunny 9*. Could of been worse, like 9 below !!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Stay warm up there! Shout out and kudos to Tom and Tina! They are again representing Load One as one of our ambassadors with Wreaths Across America. This year the company has increased our commitment to 4 units and made a sizeable financial commitment to the cause.

We have some pretty cool parts this year with Dynamite delivering a large wreath to the statue of liberty and wreaths to the Pentagon. As well this year one of our "Patriot Trailers" will be on site at Arlington National Cemetery for the actual wreath laying next Saturday.

What all of us do helps to make all of this possible. It is great that we are all able to work together but it feels really good when we are able to do really great things as a family.

(Dynamite...if you could get it to warm up in Maine before I get there....that would be swell).

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I've been jinxed this week. My run to Christmas will have to wait to start next week :(

The week started on a high note Monday getting my Espar installed. After waiting a day at the yard, got a load picking up in Romeo MI going to Kentucky. As I got closer to Toledo, I have a loss of power with clogged fuel filter light on. This was around 7pm. I had lots of time to still make delivery if i could get it replaced. I could still get around at a top speed of 53mph but it was getting worse. Now in Toledo, After several failed attempts to find the filter and get it replaced, it was time to give up. Not wanting to risk a breakdown in the middle of nowhere. I made the dreaded call to dispatch that I would need off this load, then headed to Wayne's World.

Before someone says it, yes I should have had a spare filter on hand, and will now always carry one, that at least would have solved one problem. The other problem on my sprinter, the filter in Wayne's words, is a (Bleep) to prime. Which it was as usual, but he eventually got it going. The culprit for the clogged filter goes back to my Espar install. The shavings from drilling into the fuel tank created about an 80% blockage. I was very glad I decided not to try and go any further.

Now, who came to my rescue that night, and made delivery on Time, with 10 mins to spare?
None other then OVM :) Special thanks to Ken for turning my frown upside down that night and making delivery on time. It was 1 skid about 280lbs, that we were able to slide across at Wayne's.

The fun just continues...
Spent the day at Wally World where now I'm suddenly coming down with a cold.
I take a smoothy out of my cooler, take a nice big gulp and find out it is spoiled (gross).
Come night fall, I find I now have a flat tire. Really? of course now it's too late to get that repaired. It was a slow leak that I could keep air in it. Feeling frustrated and now sick, I decided to just go home and take care of the tire where I bought it, and start Fresh on Monday.

At home, should be good now right?
Nope, sitting in my executive style desk chair, it suddenly breaks in two sending me crashing to the floor.
I later go to wash a glass in the sink, and the glass breaks in my hand.

Today at the tire shop, I find out that the tire is not repairable, so two new ones have been ordered. Yes ordered, lucky me (which I already knew) my tires are hard to come by and have to be ordered. So they should be in Monday or Tuesday.

This is one week I'll be glad to forget :rolleyes:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stay warm up there! Shout out and kudos to Tom and Tina! They are again representing Load One as one of our ambassadors with Wreaths Across America. This year the company has increased our commitment to 4 units and made a sizeable financial commitment to the cause.

We have some pretty cool parts this year with Dynamite delivering a large wreath to the statue of liberty and wreaths to the Pentagon. As well this year one of our "Patriot Trailers" will be on site at Arlington National Cemetery for the actual wreath laying next Saturday.

What all of us do helps to make all of this possible. It is great that we are all able to work together but it feels really good when we are able to do really great things as a family.

(Dynamite...if you could get it to warm up in Maine before I get there....that would be swell).

John, you might not want to use Tom's screen name when talking about him delivering to the statue of liberty or the Pentagon ..Dynamite might make someone nervous !!