December 2019 Yo Ho Ho and A Bottle of Rum

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Without the histrionics, I gave them (Ford) the opportunity to work with me. Only a couple of back and forth calls and Ford has graciously re-examined their position and will charge dealer, in St Louis, for the transmission & labor and ship a new one to my local dealer who will install. I agreed to pay parts & labor on the transmission cooler portion. I look forward to getting back out 1/2/2020 to begin my planned 10 month farewell tour.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
In regards to your planned "Trip " I hope you have smooth Sailing Ahead ..MEME2019-12-10-08-02-11.jpeg

sent from my Recliner..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Without the histrionics, I gave them (Ford) the opportunity to work with me. Only a couple of back and forth calls and Ford has graciously re-examined their position and will charge dealer, in St Louis, for the transmission & labor and ship a new one to my local dealer who will install. I agreed to pay parts & labor on the transmission cooler portion. I look forward to getting back out 1/2/2020 to begin my planned 10 month farewell tour.

The countdown begins! One of the best days was out of service forever and I sold the crappy ford

Sent from lost in space.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I guess you had to make some sort of deal... IMO I don't think you should of even paid fpr the cooler as it was included in the protocol to treat the transmission..but..that said...at least you got htem to acknowledge some resonsibilty toward their dealerships actions or inactions...WTG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dateline: Walmart Parking lot

Every time I think I've seen it all...
I'm parked next to a semi. Guy gets out of his semi with his dog, and proceeds to walk around near his truck until the dog takes a dump on the parking lot o_O
What makes it worse is not 1 semi length away is all the grass a dog would want.

Come on man...
No wonder more and more Walmarts don't want truckers or anybody camping out :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I'm parked next to a semi. Guy gets out of his semi with his dog, and proceeds to walk around near his truck until the dog takes a dump on the parking lot o_O
What makes it worse is not 1 semi length away is all the grass a dog would want.

Come on man...
No wonder more and more Walmarts don't want truckers or anybody camping out :rolleyes:
I watched a big overweight trucker..open his door and lower his dog by the leash and lack out some slack and when the dog did his thing the guy reeled him back up....and NO the dog was not in a harness he heaved it by the lease around the neck... dang!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Come on man...
I watched a big overweight trucker..open his door and lower his dog by the leash and lack out some slack and when the dog did his thing the guy reeled him back up....and NO the dog was not in a harness he heaved it by the lease around the neck... dang!
It's no wonder truckers have a bad reputation.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Come on man...
It could have been worse, the driver could have taken a dump in the parking lot too....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the J in west Memphis,
Wanna get away?

View attachment 19618

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Nice to see that. Where I live, they won't even come out for theft (that's your and your insurance's problem)

Found out almost 10 years ago when someone threw a rock thru the wife's window and took some change. Ended up paying for a window, one claim would drive up our cheap insurance for years.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice to see that. Where I live, they won't even come out for theft (that's your and your insurance's problem)

Found out almost 10 years ago when someone threw a rock thru the wife's window and took some change. Ended up paying for a window, one claim would drive up our cheap insurance for years.
All this in the safe haven called Canada? Sheesh.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another first...
Waiting to load, after a little confusion, I was indeed suppose to drive up onto the loading dock

Back in the days of another carrier, I had a place in Manhattan we frequently went that you drove off the street into an elevator...went down a while...and then drove out of the elevator onto a turntable that turned you around to back into a sort of semi circle open dock....was pretty amazing to this country kid. One of the steel plants in Hamilton you drive into a building and up a ramp and then drive along until you get to your dock number. The building used to be a rolling plant and they converted it into a stores building. Only about 150 ft wide but over half a mile long.