December 2014

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just looked at a map. Bison isn't really on my way east toward home. Or actually on the way to anywhere! LOL Thanks for the offer, let's see what happens. It might be a nice day trip ride on the bike, looks like a couple hours away. You ride?

Nope ...no ride.....you can go up 85 to State 20 thru Bison and catch US 12 at Mobridge and ride straight into Minni....very scenic if you have the time....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van wouldn't start yesterday...just threw a heating pad over the injectors (top) and a moving blanket on that and closed the lid.....might try again today it supposed to be warmer...I couldn't see the use of freezing my butt off to get it started when it was just going to sit there another cold night and I'd have to play with it again....

UPDATE: The heating pad did the trick...first turn over and it fired right up.....thank goodness I have an old style heating pad....it doesn't auto shut off for safety factor.......this one stays on till shut off manually.....!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
With my 650 miles range i can usually fly over PA without fueling. Can't even remember last time i fueled there. I guess in the future if i need to fuel there it will only be a few gallons to get me out of there.

Yep...Top off in Ohio and then into New Joisey!! thank goodness for our range.....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great we finally get a break on fuel prices and someone else decides to take a chunk of it

This is a preplanned increase. Ten cents on 1-1-13, ten tomorrow, and 13 on 1-1-17. Those figures are for gas; IDK what the 2017 increase will be for diesel.

The turnpike gets an across the board 5% rise tomorrow. That will be the 9th of 50 annual increases. Tomorrow's includes EZPass customers; some years don't. The pike plans to convert to all-electronic tolling by 2018.

For us who live here, registration costs will increase, as will inspection costs. Coming soon: two year registration, maybe 8yr licenses, and maybe a pass on inspection for a new vehicle's first year.

These increases came from a Republican government; now we have a Democratic governor, so it could be Katie bar the door :eek:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Murray, I've got a BillG shutdown coming in August. The 1-9 of August for the Sturgis Rally. Missed the last 3 in a row. Going to make this one! 

Don't shut down, get a load going out there. I delivered to a gold mine in Lead during Sturgis Ralley Week in 2009.
IMG_0073-Copy_zpsce6d7f47.jpg

IMG_0071-Copy_zps63f6d790.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Going over to a friends house this evening to spend some time with several of our friends from Ducks Unlimited.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
With my 650 miles range i can usually fly over PA without fueling. Can't even remember last time i fueled there. I guess in the future if i need to fuel there it will only be a few gallons to get me out of there.

That, my friends, is another great reason to avoid any ride subject to IFTA tax regulation and those pesky "didn't you buy any fuel in PA to cover those tax miles??" phone calls? I don't miss those days!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's the link to the PSA from the movie Groove Tube. The second time I saw this movie was about 15 years after its debut. It was showing at an artsyfartsy movie house in Minneapolis and I took my wife. When this PSA segment came up, myself and one other guy in the audience started laughing. We were the only ones. We fed off each others laughter and finally the rest of the audience joined us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHbJjhjxJRw

tknight

Veteran Expediter
So hitachi would have been better after all!!!

Uh that would have to a no I was so sore after wrestling with that 2000 lb transformer that wouldn't fit my standard pallet jack ( thinking of trading it for a compact one)
I did get an extra 100 for it

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That, my friends, is another great reason to avoid any ride subject to IFTA tax regulation and those pesky "didn't you buy any fuel in PA to cover those tax miles??" phone calls? I don't miss those days!!

That's the truth, and people wonder why I want to keep my under 26k truck going for as long as I can.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
That's the truth, and people wonder why I want to keep my under 26k truck going for as long as I can.

I always like the 26K trucks. I ended up having to replace them all (about 25) with 33K trucks since we needed lifts and 102" boxes. The weight of the trucks just kept getting heavier and heavier. But a good work ethic and a 26K went a LONG way between '02 and '11. For our guys anyway.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I always like the 26K trucks. I ended up having to replace them all (about 25) with 33K trucks since we needed lifts and 102" boxes. The weight of the trucks just kept getting heavier and heavier. But a good work ethic and a 26K went a LONG way between '02 and '11. For our guys anyway.

I know eventually I will move up to a 33,600 truck so I can get a bigger sleeper but I'm not looking forward to keeping track of the mileage for ifta.

The size of my box is the one down side to my truck, it's shorter than most of the trucks I see out there.