Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: jujubeans

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yep , got Bored after a couple days Home ..
Made 20 sets yesterday.
8 Raccoons today ..
Pelts are worthless.. market wise.. so thrown into burn pile .
Neighbor Very Happy ...
Exercise and Fresh Outdoor Air .. Priceless

Don't be the Grinch
And to think I used to feed the dang things Oreo cookies!

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Any comments.....?
Will day before and day after the 1st have any sprinter loads?
Maybe your crystal ball is better than mine.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yay 2019. Never had a claim on insurance. $430 a month now for 800 mile circle.

Edit: no collision either. It's a 2005 dammit

Reactions: RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trucking in the 50's

Give it a watch if your sitting. I don't know what's more unbelievable, 8 hours on and 8 hours off, or watching 5 mechanics at once service a tractor

They did 220,000 miles a year back then too (albeit at 50 mph) looks like it was a respectable profession. Funny was the requirements to stop and help stranded motorists too. They had ELD's too lol...mechanical records of the entire trip on a round piece of paper...

Reactions: dalscott

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trucking in the 50's

Give it a watch if your sitting. I don't know what's more unbelievable, 8 hours on and 8 hours off, or watching 5 mechanics at once service a tractor

They did 220,000 miles a year back then too (albeit at 50 mph) looks like it was a respectable profession. Funny was the requirements to stop and help stranded motorists too. They had ELD's too lol...mechanical records of the entire trip on a round piece of paper...

They still use those (tachographs) in Ireland.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did I fix my Tablet issue?

A couple of months back, my tablet started to not detect my Sim card (so no cell/internet service).
Started doing this once a week, then progressed to multiple times daily. Take out the Sim, put it back, sometimes it worked for a while, other times I wanted to chuck it out the window in frustration as it still did not work.

About 3 weeks ago, I finally stopped in at a Verizon store to have it checked out.

They put in a new SIM card, still didn't detect it.
I got them to replace the Sim card tray (which I thought was a little loose).
My tablet now detected it, and seemed to be working correctly now.

At then end of day one of use, the dreaded no SIM card detected notice popped back up :mad:
Fortunately, after about 20 seconds it corrected itself and has been running fine for the last 3 weeks.

3 days ago, it started happening again, multiple times a day. Got to the point that every 10 mins. I was losing service. I was getting beyond frustrated with this thing.

Last night, I couldn't get it to connect at all. I was at my wits end.

My SIM card tray also has a slot for a expandable memory SD card which I've used from day 1.

Must have been a desperation idea, but I thought, what would happen if I take out the SD card?

To my surprise, the tablet has been working perfectly ever since I removed the SD card o_O

Maybe this was just a huge coincidence, or for some reason the SD card was somehow causing the issue.

I'll pick up a new SD card, provided the issue doesn't return, and try again :rolleyes:

Oddly, I've also been having a ongoing issue with my SD card on my Garmin dezl GPS/dash cam,
Maybe I better pick up 2 SD cards ;)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been known to shove a tiny piece of paper on the back of the sim to improve contact. More likely, if sim and card are in the same tray, it's losing contact just enough to disconnect.

(Maybe Huwawei made the sim and they're spying on you)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trucking in the 50's

You don't see drom boxes anymore. Great film. Thanks bc.

Reactions: brokcanadian