Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trucking in the 50's

Give it a watch if your sitting. I don't know what's more unbelievable, 8 hours on and 8 hours off, or watching 5 mechanics at once service a tractor

They did 220,000 miles a year back then too (albeit at 50 mph) looks like it was a respectable profession. Funny was the requirements to stop and help stranded motorists too. They had ELD's too lol...mechanical records of the entire trip on a round piece of paper...
You don't see drom boxes anymore. Great film. Thanks bc.

I’d occasionally still see a drom on a bedbugger. They’re still pretty common in Arms, Ammunition & Explosives hauling.
The amazing thing to me was the ridiculous regulations involved per each state.
If I hadn’t shredded all my DOD stuff last week I would have looked them up.
Not sure, but think they weren’t allowed in Ohio unless loaded or something similarly goofy.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’d occasionally still see a drom on a bedbugger. They’re still pretty common in Arms, Ammunition & Explosives hauling.
Tri State out of Joplin ran a lot of A A&E with drom boxes.
Not sure, but think they weren’t allowed in Ohio unless loaded or something similarly goofy.
When Missouri and Illinois were holding out at 73,280. Missouri allowed 80,000 with a drom box or drom deck even if not loaded.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Suffering Succotash!

Why didn’t anyone tell me El Paso, TX was this big of a town? I was expecting a town the size of Texarkana, not Houston.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a back highway to the north, down a mountain, it's been too long to remember which, but it was a beautiful view coming down and seeing the lights of El Paso at night....

Reactions: ntimevan and Solar