Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's one reason why I shy away from going that far out west. Its too easy to eat the previous loads profit relocating to a better area, which usually adds up to big empty miles.

That’s something I learned quick expediting. I let the dispatchers keep me going where they want to run me. This is a wonderful business to see America, but you’re not out sightseeing.

I have to go out west for Christmas, and all I’m thinking about is, I hope I get something that will get me back east.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded, El Paso, TX to McAllen, TX. Been a long week since dropping in Los Vegas, last Thursday. Relocated to LA for Friday, then four cancelled loads. Relocated to El Paso Tuesday night.

That's one reason why I shy away from going that far out west. Its too easy to eat the previous loads profit relocating to a better area, which usually adds up to big empty miles. What was that, close to 1,050 empty miles?
Yep, pretty close! Then the dry run miles, the trip to Venice beach. Carrier payed $ .35 for the relocate miles plus the cancellation miles. The first cancelled run was legit, bad part at a machine shop. The other’s were BS, cheep shoppers! Definitely going to average out the miles and pay when we get close to where we started (Detroit). Any way, some times you win some times you lose.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don’t know who designed these roads in Detroit, but they obviously didn’t know jack crap about designing streets.

Between the pot holes rattling my guts out, a-hole drivers cutting me off at every opportunity, and having to go right and make a U-turn to turn left at every friggin’ street, I’m so upset, I could punch a puppy dog right in it’s face.

FD32E677-D4F7-4563-A376-E7AAB5BC373E.jpeg

Reactions: Moot

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers are issuing the “Wash Rag In Mouth Challenge

This Challenge is to raise awareness of Hand, Foot, And Mouth Disease.

Please upload a picture of yourself in a Pilot or Flying J shower room with the wash rag in your mouth if you want to combat this horrible disease.
409C9FB4-22E7-4CFC-B490-8FE98654D9FF.jpeg

*This is Satire. This is Not Real. Please, Do Not Do This. This is Fake*

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ah, the beloved Michigan Left...... works for us.....
You Lefties!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
I resemble that remark!

Now that pot is legal, will someone admit that “left handed cigarettes “ played a part in that design ?

Michigan Speedway should take out turn 2 and do the turn right to go left thing. It’d make for an interesting race.
It's actually an ingenious method to control the flow of traffic and ease congestion at busy intersections. I'm surprised more areas haven't adopted it.

Michigan left - Wikipedia

Reactions: Solar

guido4475

Not a Member
I don’t know who designed these roads in Detroit, but they obviously didn’t know jack crap about designing streets.

Between the pot holes rattling my guts out, a-hole drivers cutting me off at every opportunity, and having to go right and make a U-turn to turn left at every friggin’ street, I’m so upset, I could punch a puppy dog right in it’s face.

Yes, I had enough of Michigan this week myself. The "no fault" insurance there in Michigan I believe creates a more agressive and wreckless driver who doesn't care about the other driver.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Yes, I had enough of Michigan this week myself. The "no fault" insurance there in Michigan I believe creates a more agressive and wreckless driver who doesn't care about the other driver.

Not t just here (Michigan). I rarely if ever see speed laws enforced anywhere I go.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

View attachment 18297

Way back in the 1800’s the mayor and city council had a planing meeting of how the streets should be laid out. It was decided that the town drunk would walk around with a big bag of flour on his back. They would put a small hole in the bag and would follow him around each day until the city streets were all mapped out. Little known fact.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan and Solar