Dec. 2018 Locations & Snow Chatter

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
TA ... Montgomery, NY
Guys were about to throw down over the tv remote in the lounge.

You should have told them to take a knee.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It Snowed Last Night.

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:30 - I used food coloring to make one of the snow couple a different color and be more racially inclusive.

8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snowpersons.

8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.

10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.

I stole this, too good not to share

Money not Miles

guido4475

Not a Member
It Snowed Last Night.

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snowmen instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:30 - I used food coloring to make one of the snow couple a different color and be more racially inclusive.

8:37 - Accused of using a black face on the snowman...snowpersons.

8:39 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, and sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

9:45 - The boss called and fired me because of the negative association with work that had been all over social media.

10:00 - I cry into my drink because all I wanted to do was build a snowman...

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is what this world has become because of a bunch of snowflakes.

I stole this, too good not to share

Money not Miles

Amen to that, brother.

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Meanwhile, in Laredo...

The FlyingPilot manager once told me they have an average of 350 drivers a day taking showers. don't know how true it us, but that comes out to 15 driver showers an hour.

I go to the state park and plug in while down there. 22 bucks a day, clean, quiet , no shower wait, peaceful. Lots of wildlife.

I believe it could be 350 showers a day, they have 17 stalls, and workers are non stop cleaning. It wasn’t as long a wait as one might think, and most drivers are respectful and get their showers done quick.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night at midnight picked up a 5 lbs box at a rail yard in downtown Boston, delivered to Long Island City, NY.
Currently in Woodside, Queens .... back where it all began ....

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife works at a manufacturing facility in SC. She's been there 10+ yrs.

About 4 yrs ago our oldest got a job there at our behest. She needed a better job and motivation to finish her bachelor's degree. In short order she had both taken care of. Degree finished and a couple of promotions at work.

Our daughter fell for a guy at work, one of the program managers. Nice southern guy, nice family. He got a promotion. Now there was a conflict, she was under his hierarchy .. she had to find another job. She found one quickly, making about 25% more. They got engaged and got married last fall. Life is good ....

They just had a baby 1 month ago. And my wife as you can imagine has been overjoyed. It's been a good season for all of us, I guess. This week, the son in law got another promotion. He's the new director of the whole plant.

Guess who's now being asked to leave her job because of the conflict of interest in his hierarchy ....? :(:oops:

Happy Holidays ....
Hope they are giving her a buy out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife works at a manufacturing facility in SC. She's been there 10+ yrs.

About 4 yrs ago our oldest got a job there at our behest. She needed a better job and motivation to finish her bachelor's degree. In short order she had both taken care of. Degree finished and a couple of promotions at work.

Our daughter fell for a guy at work, one of the program managers. Nice southern guy, nice family. He got a promotion. Now there was a conflict, she was under his hierarchy .. she had to find another job. She found one quickly, making about 25% more. They got engaged and got married last fall. Life is good ....

They just had a baby 1 month ago. And my wife as you can imagine has been overjoyed. It's been a good season for all of us, I guess. This week, the son in law got another promotion. He's the new director of the whole plant.

Guess who's now being asked to leave her job because of the conflict of interest in his hierarchy ....? :(:oops:

Happy Holidays ....
Hope they are giving her a buy out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

It's not a done deal yet. There are a couple of small supporting departments that work in the same building. A transfer to one of those areas is possible .. but I think it's very unlikely. If that does happen, I think it'll affect her salary or vacation time. At this point I'm more concerned about her time off. This might take a couple of months to work out.

Buy out? Nahhh, those kind of employee perks are not common down south.

Either way, I'm holding meathead responsible!

archie.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime and Solar

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded, El Paso, TX to McAllen, TX. Been a long week since dropping in Los Vegas, last Thursday. Relocated to LA for Friday, then four cancelled loads. Relocated to El Paso Tuesday night.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Loaded, El Paso, TX to McAllen, TX. Been a long week since dropping in Los Vegas, last Thursday. Relocated to LA for Friday, then four cancelled loads. Relocated to El Paso Tuesday night.

That's one reason why I shy away from going that far out west. Its too easy to eat the previous loads profit relocating to a better area, which usually adds up to big empty miles. What was that, close to 1,050 empty miles?

Reactions: Grizzly