Death by DeSantis

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
MSNBC had a meltdown last night after the Trump victory in Iowa. Of course their ratings are always at rock bottom and it's easy to see why, but spewing this kind of racist, radical hatred reaches the far end of the political spectrum and establishes zero credibility. They must have a target market of extreme Marxist liberals who thrive on this kind of pathological vituperation. As Trump continues to win primaries this insane rhetoric from the liberal media will only get worse.

"MSNBC host Joy Reid led this effort by declaring that “White Christians” are racists who want minorities to “bow down” to them...

“All the things that we think about, about electability, about what are people gaming out, but none of that matters when you believe that God has given you this country, that it is yours, and that everyone who is not a White, conservative Christian is a fraudulent American, is a less real American. Then you don’t care about electability. You care about what God has given you.”

“It is religion And I think what we have to actually confront – and this is what the Democrats are going to face – is this is now what White evangelicalism is. It is Christian nationalism. That’s the name of it, right?” It is all part of “White evangelical Christians of a certain mindset … that they own this country, that immigrants, that Brown people, that Hindus like Vivek Ramaswamy and his wife are illegitimate Americans. They are less legitimate Americans than they are…They’re not trying to convince people and win people over through politics. What they’re saying is, ‘We own this country, and everyone will bow down to us.’”...

Reid’s colleague MSNBC Host Rachel Maddow censored Trump’s victory speech and said that the network would not allow viewers to hear him because he said “untrue things.”"

Im glad that people are starting to think like this, I have had this view of religious people for quite some time. Look at what they are saying, we are going to take back our country.

Jesus will forgive me, nobody else matters.

I stay away from the holy rollers, they treat everyone else like garbage.

What gets me is that they are attracted to someone like Trump who is nothing like them.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Im glad that people are starting to think like this, I have had this view of religious people for quite some time. Look at what they are saying, we are going to take back our country.

What gets me is that they are attracted to someone like Trump who is nothing like them.

Will be airing shortly in Mar-a-Lago ... and the ketchup will be flying ...

;)

Reactions: coalminer

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I generally like Christians. They’re kind people who give their time and resources to help those less fortunate like the homeless and other charitable causes.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Will be airing shortly in Mar-a-Lago ... and the ketchup will be flying ...

;)
That is a repulsive, offensive, groundless, blasphemous and counterproductive political ad. Shame on the Lincoln Project for creating such a thing.

It seems their hatred of Trump has gotten the best of them, clouding their judgement and negating their political skills. While that ad may be greatly satisfying to them, it will do nothing good for whatever they are trying to accomplish with it. If their purpose is to use this ad to get under Trump's skin, I have to wonder why they think that's even a goal worth pursuing. This ad leads me to believe the Lincoln Project has lost it. If there is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome, it seems the Lincoln Project has a full-blown case of it; and the infection is harming its host, eating away at the Lincoln Project's brain.

In the past, I'd sometimes chuckle over an ad or statement the Lincoln Project put out. This ad is beyond the pale and I now view the Lincoln Project with disdain. This ad is a really, really, really, really stupid move by them. They are invoking the name of God and Lincoln while they are worthy of neither. Lincoln would never condone an ad like this. Something is seriously wrong at the Lincoln Project.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im glad that people are starting to think like this...
So you agree with Joy Reid's rant? Maybe you need to read it again, because she totally misrepresents the vast majority of "White Christians" in this country. In fact, her entire statement is an outrageous lie.
Who are the "holy rollers"? Does that term include anyone who goes to a Christian church?
To whom should they be attracted? Joe Biden?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That is a repulsive, offensive, groundless, blasphemous and counterproductive political ad. Shame on the Lincoln Project for creating such a thing.

Interesting that you find the LP repulsive and offensive for calling out the rhetoric and behaviors of The Orange One™ and his followers ... rather than their rhetoric and behaviors ...

You wanna talk blasphemous ?

Perhaps if you were a little better informed, you'd understand the context in which this ad was delivered and what it was actually in response to:

Trump shares bizarre biblical video saying God made him to be America’s ‘caretaker’

Just for clarity, the above is something that Trump actually posted online.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Further context and a little background ... for those inclined to flying off the handle ... without having full knowledge of what they are commenting on ...

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It seems their hatred of Trump has gotten the best of them, clouding their judgement and negating their political skills. While that ad may be greatly satisfying to them, it will do nothing good for whatever they are trying to accomplish with it. If their purpose is to use this ad to get under Trump's skin, I have to wonder why they think that's even a goal worth pursuing. This ad leads me to believe the Lincoln Project has lost it. If there is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome, it seems the Lincoln Project has a full-blown case of it; and the infection is harming its host, eating away at the Lincoln Project's brain.

In the past, I'd sometimes chuckle over an ad or statement the Lincoln Project put out. This ad is beyond the pale and I now view the Lincoln Project with disdain. This ad is a really, really, really, really stupid move by them. They are invoking the name of God and Lincoln while they are worthy of neither. Lincoln would never condone an ad like this. Something is seriously wrong at the Lincoln Project.
They do take it pretty far, but I dont think it should be "God made a dictator" but it should be "the GOP made a dictator" at least it does show that there are people out there who do take the threat from Trump seriously.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you agree with Joy Reid's rant? Maybe you need to read it again, because she totally misrepresents the vast majority of "White Christians" in this country. In fact, her entire statement is an outrageous lie.

Who are the "holy rollers"? Does that term include anyone who goes to a Christian church?

To whom should they be attracted? Joe Biden?
Pretty much yes, as far out there as she is, this is pretty much spot on. Now dont get me wrong, not every "white Christian" is racist, but a good portion of them are.

For me the definition of a holy roller is someone who believes that God is in control of their life.

Hell no, as I have said many times before I am not a Joe Biden supporter.

Funny how you you didnt have any response to the "Jesus will forgive me, nobody else matters" line, I take it you have seen people like that?

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I generally like Christians. They’re kind people who give their time and resources to help those less fortunate like the homeless and other charitable causes.

Uh-huh.

That presumably includes the "Christians" who put up razor wire ... to prevent the less fortunate and homeless from entering ...

As well as the ones that place buoys in waters ... that cause less fortunate and homeless women and children to drown.

Such "charitable" works !

Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny how you you didnt have any response to the "Jesus will forgive me, nobody else matters" line, I take it you have seen people like that?
I sure have, and I agree 100%. Religious fanatics are an obnoxious lot, but make up only a small percentage of the practicing Christians in our country. Most don't try to force their beliefs on others with threats of eternal damnation if they don't comply. However, Joy Reid displays the same level of bigotry towards anyone who doesn't agree with her political beliefs. She's an intolerant, insufferable fool.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Value of Endorsements

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, said to be popular, endorsed DeSantis. So-called kingmaker and evangelical pastor Bob Vander Plaats endorsed DeSantis. Those on-the-ground, close-to-the people endorsements did not do DeSantis much good, did they? Both people are now falling in line to support Trump if he is the Republican nominee.

Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, said to be popular, endorsed DeSantis. So-called kingmaker and evangelical pastor Bob Vander Plaats endorsed DeSantis. Those on-the-ground, close-to-the people endorsements did not do DeSantis much good, did they? Both people are now falling in line to support Trump if he is the Republican nominee.
At this point, both of these people should stop wasting time and money and suspend their campaigns. Haley has already made her pitch to be Trump's VP and DeSantis still has a daytime job in sunny FL.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
  • Haha
Reactions: muttly and ATeam

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
At this point, both of these people should stop wasting time and money and suspend their campaigns. Haley has already made her pitch to be Trump's VP and DeSantis still has a daytime job in sunny FL.

What are you so afraid of ... that you would deny the voters of other states making their preferences known on two legally qualified candidates ?

Seems kind of anti-democratic to me ...

:joycat:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

Barring some yet unknown outcome-altering event, they will all bend the knee eventually ...

;)

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and ATeam

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I am personally acquainted with some Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and atheists who will do the same. I like generally like them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT