David Letterman - Prince of Late Night Cowardice

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
You may find this hard to swallow Greg,I'm the only liberal in management at my company.There are 150 employee's,including long line and local drivers and support staff.I deal with issues everyday that include all the subjects discussed.

Last week one of our long line drivers who happens to be African American deserted one of our(he was not o/o) units in Michigan. Walked away,stole all the on board equipment and owe's us thousands in advances.He justifed his actions by saying he got the bad loads that were left after the white drivers got the good loads.Fact is,his claims ratio was bad,his on time deliveries were bad and his truck (our truck) was always filthy.I will deal with this situation the same way I deal with all the other similar situations that come up. By the book,the legal book.

It's not my idea of candycanes and lollypops,but then again I have no delusions,like some,about how corporate business really works,in Ann Arbor,Birmingham or San Francisco. My politics play no role where I work,zero. I've been there 23 years and have worked my way up to my position based on accomplishment and hard work,even while I ran my expedite business at night.
I have been the butt of liberal jokes the entire time, but I'm judged on my production and commitment,not loolypops etc, (how childish Greg).

You sound bitter Greg,bitter about what everyone did to you.You sound like a victim.That is not how you make it in the corporate world. Victims come and go my friend. They have one thing in common,it was somebody else's fault,never mine.If I took personally what has been tossed my way by the conservatives I work with I would have bailed years ago. I just give it back with respect and we work together as a well oiled team. You love the blame game Greg,I suggest it may have cost you more then you would be willing to admit.

Last edited:

DougTravels

Not a Member
He definitely seems bitter Cal, he was talking recently about trying to refi his home or was near bankruptcy, maybe Greg could clear that up, I forget exactly what he said. His party let him down the economy is in the tank, when the current admin. turns things around it will show just how wrong he has been on dam near everything he stands for. Truly sad indeed, deep breaths Greg, baby steps every thing will be ok.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
He definitely seems bitter Cal, he was talking recently about trying to refi his home or was near bankruptcy, maybe Greg could clear that up, I forget exactly what he said. His party let him down the economy is in the tank, when the current admin. turns things around it will show just how wrong he has been on dam near everything he stands for. Truly sad indeed, deep breaths Greg, baby steps every thing will be ok.

That is a scummy response! Low class indeed! Let's hear your life story, so we can make light of it. Maybe we can blame Obama for you living in your mama's basement?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
That is a scummy response! Low class indeed! Let's hear your life story, so we can make light of it. Maybe we can blame Obama for you living in your mama's basement?

That's just what this thread has turned into.....a bunch of low class comments from a bunch of low class liberals attempting to defend another one of their low class TV heroes.....there is no intelligent debate, just a lot of crap slinging.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This has strayed far afield of the original topic of bad taste, poor fact finding and the double standards in the media. Time to close this and take the back biting to private messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.