Cranky Dispatchers

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
I've been up there many times in dispatch lol. Maybe that's why we havent gotten a run there in a while lol.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The #1 way to get a real good load is to go on home time lmao you will get a load offer going 1500 miles the other way 80% of the time lol

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, we are not steering wheel holders or truck stop decorators. Matter of fact, my husband and I run above Panther average for miles and earnings. We don't run elite, we run ground. We do know alot of dispatchers on a first name basis. And like I said before, for the most part, they are friendly and nice. But there are a select few that get right snarky and cranky when you wont help them out with a non profitable load. :( And there are a select few, that always offer you a load at a reduced rate. :( We run straight truck team, ground freight. :D And we are pretty good at it, if I do say so. But it just get's down right agravating when they get miserable because you dont want to do these bs loads. Sometimes I wish we could all sit down with the CSR's and maybe go over our concerns. And yes, we have done many a small load because they are really stuck to get it there. :cool: I'm not saying we are superstars, because noone is perfect. Just want some respect in return. BE SAFE OUT THERE ALL

If you have a problem with someone at Panther that you feel is nasty to you on the phone, call into driver relations and ask the phone call to be pulled so they can go over the call with the agent. Being with Panther for a year now and in expediting for almost 15 years we all have bad days. I'm not trying to say the agent was right in anyway, its a coaching or training issue. If you have a problem e-mail DaveKc he is the old pro at Panther and has help me out many times when I have needed help. One bad apple don't make the rest bad.

I will say that Panther is more driver friendly than ANY other carrier I have had trucks leased on with. This is not a put down to the other carriers I have been leased on with, I'm just saying that Panther gets an A plus and some of the others would get an A. I have never had an issue that wasn't fixed since being with Panther and they have done more than I have asked.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Like what has already been said - there job is to cover loads and to do it in a way that keeps it profitable for Panther as well.

A few times, they have gotten a disgusted/dissapointed sound in their voice but never (at leas so far) a threatening response.

Usually when I turn it down I give them reasons, sorry don't want to go there because ..... too much empty versus loaded (hmm can you help with the empty?), rate is too low.