Corporate Lodging Discounts

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i didn't realize that clc had their own 24 hr clock. i could still be at the vero beach best wester right now watching all 36 channels of tv or enjoying the pool inbetween rain showers. the desk clerk made it a point to say....check out is 11 am. hmmm. too bad i checked out already.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
McBuggy: I understand that my relationship is with CLC, but my problem is with the desk clerk who says "We have no account arranged with the company named on your card". Yes, I know that makes no sense whatsoever, but being overtired, stressed, and just wanting to find a room, I didn't pursue the issue. It was the second time I'd heard that, though, and wondered if anyone else had run into the same problem, is all. I have used the card at many places without any problems, but may try OVM's suggestion for coupon books, too.
Pjjjjj: The card is tied to my credit card, not the carrier's, so that's not the problem. Next time I will contact CLC, and find out what they have to say - I'd do it now, but can't remember which motel it was, having called 3 or 4 in a row. :eek:

Kurbski

Seasoned Expediter
I was thinking that by logging in online periodically (which only takes 10 seconds), it might not deactivate me when I don't use the card for a few months.Cheri, Let us now what they say about your account.It might just be that the hotel you called stopped honoring the clc cards all together. I called for a room in Jacksonville from their list and was told they no longer take the card. But plenty of others do, so it's not that big of a deal. I also ordered the book for an additional 9.95 in case I need a room and don't have access to the internet for one reason or another. Sure beats collecting coupons and scanning through books that don't save you as much as clc does.

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The best deals are the Extended Stay places which are in most cities. I've spent the last couple weekends at one for $30 a night and you also get a stove and a fridge. Cooking real food is a lot cheaper than eating out. It's a nice change from cold cuts or warmed leftovers that I cooked at home and are usually gone if I'm out more than a few days.

jtind

Seasoned Expediter
CLC cards are no good. I have lots of problem with them. Also, lots of rep and the loding facilities, suggest using own CCD and will offer $5 off on the corp rate.

I have heard lots of complains about CLC card. Its hard time to get nice rooms with CLC cards. Other option i find is ask my company to re emburce me for the payment instead of using clc card.

I suggest CLC card is a piece of junk, They charge $5 more than actual price. Its a no good deal. And about convinence, CLC are not accepted at lot good places bcz of their payments.

One should think twice before signing up for CLC. Thats what my experience says. Thats my experiences and to believe it or not its upto whoever reads it.
:mad::mad::mad:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Theres 1,000's of stories in "The Naked City" :eek:

Used my CLC for the first time in about a year...no problems...no expirey...the problem might be when the charge card you have on file expires and you forget to update your CLC card.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've used it a few times and never had a problem. My dad has one and has used it fairly extensivley across the country. Yes, there's a $4.95 svc chg per night but that's made known when signing up. Sometimes it's a great savings tool. Sometimes a different method works better. It's just an additional option that some choose to have available.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've used it a few times and never had a problem. My dad has one and has used it fairly extensivley across the country. Yes, there's a $4.95 svc chg per night but that's made known when signing up. Sometimes it's a great savings tool. Sometimes a different method works better. It's just an additional option that some choose to have available.

It's just another tool or option...sometimes AAA works better then Senior citizen..or maybe the coupon books or just pay the rate and take the points if your a member of their rewards program....CLC sometimes doesn't always have the best rates...some motels reserve a block just for CLC and they are usually at the back or upstairs farthest from the ice machine and free breakfast.....AND keep in mind the better sometimes more expensive rate they include a full breakfast and the cheaper one doesn't...Now figure that into the cost of the room....

BTW...if your a team EACH person is supposed to have a CLC card..READ THE RULES....the CLC only covers ONE person NOT a team....some I found charge an extra $5.00 for the 2nd person..

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
cheri,

i have used my card with my company name on it. so has my wife. like ovm trucking my name has no national recognition. clc bills the users card. the clerk just records the time of arrival and departure. next time stand at the desk and call the clc info number on the back of the card. that should be enough to get the clerk to stand down.

i stayed in a super 8 just outside dallas. the clerk tried to charge me for 2 days when i checked out at 1700 but i stood my ground having confirmed the 24 hr rule with clc. he adjusted the rate to one day. i realize the o/o of the motel want to make money but they need to read the fine print also.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So Jack what was charged to the card? Your wife was with you? did they charge you twice ? Once for you and then your wife?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Good to know haven't used mine for awhile...been able to cut deals without using it, been using the coupon book which at times comes within a couple bucks of CLC and without the 4.95 charge makes it within a couple bucks either way...
I know people are discarding my coupon book idea but it does help and with the 4.95 CLC charge that is taxable as well..the coupons pay-off...
Usually the regular truckers discount is better than the coupon books

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
The only trouble I've had with the card is sometimes the motel wants a separate card for my co-driver,and once in awhile it will look like I've been billed twice for a room.CLC will always fix this when it happens.I mostly stay at Days Inns,1st I call them to see if they take the card,then i call CLC to find out the rate.I also use my points reward card,10th stay is free

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have never had a problem using my CLC card. When I joined I never had to pay any one time fee either. Just had to provide them a valid credit card as to where to bill the room. I've had disputes as to room rates...Trying to jack them up on weekends...and CLC says just stay there and the motel operator no matter what he charges them (CLC), CLC will pay the motel operator the rate they have negotiated. Also CLC motel participants can not jack the rates up due to local events......Case in point.....My Dad used the card in South Bend during a Notre Dame football game where other motels charged an exorbant rate with a two day minimum tacked on...He stayed at a Howard Johnson nearby for $35.00 @ night!
Also while traveling with my Brother-in-law last February...my wife and I went to Poughkeepsie, NY to bring my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew home after my nephew was in a near fatal car wreck.....We stayed in Hazleton, PA and the desk clerk gladly let us use my single card for two separate rooms but brother-in-law had to register separately.
When you use their agents to find you a room, they bill you an additional $4.95 fee. If you book on your own using the internet or the book (which is $9.95 and a great deal..keep in truck) it's free!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Redbird, could you please clarify that last statement? My understanding is that the $4.95 charge is for using the program, regardless of how the room is booked. I always book my room directly with the motel, and am charged the fee every time - are you saying it shouldn't be charged?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You're right - there is always a 4.95 charge for each night billed to CLC. However, if you call their toll-free number and ask one of their customer service people to call the hotel and make the reservation for you they will charge an additional one-time fee of 4.95 for each reservation. I tried that once and they took forever, so now I always make the reservations myself.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for clearing that up. I fail to see any reason to call CLC to make a reservation, as I'd want to call the motel myself anyhow, just to verify it, and ensure that it is what I asked for, ya know? Why make an extra phone call, even if it were free?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have never been charged the $4.95 fee for using the card at all unless I went through the CLC people to find me a room. The only time I went through them was on a weekend vacation to Wisconsin when the original place refused me because of my pet and they were a "pet friendly motel"! I just used the card 2 weeks ago in Jackson, MI and I was not charged anything other than the room rate on my bill and I checked my billing statement with CLC and saw no other charges on the card but the room!

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Ok my appologies...I was mistaken....I happened to have the motel receipt in front of me at my desk and logged onto CLC website to view my account and did see the $4.95 difference tacked on my bill! But hey it's still alot cheaper than not having the discount to begin with......and being able to get a good night's rest and a clean shower in the morning and some continental breakfast! So my appologies to all for the misinformation about the fee everytime the card is used. But I have never been declined using it and I have my company name on the card! The rest of the information I provided is correct about the rates....and its good even on weekends too! No matter what. if you find a motel member doing that practice of gouging room rates notify CLC asap!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I have never been charged the $4.95 fee for using the card at all unless I went through the CLC people to find me a room. The only time I went through them was on a weekend vacation to Wisconsin when the original place refused me because of my pet and they were a "pet friendly motel"! I just used the card 2 weeks ago in Jackson, MI and I was not charged anything other than the room rate on my bill and I checked my billing statement with CLC and saw no other charges on the card but the room!

Its in the clc plan that everytime the card is used there will be a 4.95 charge.there is another charge if you get clc to call to find a motel.I never get clc to make my reservations,but if you look the 4.95 will be there