Corporate Lodging Discounts

Kurbski

Seasoned Expediter
I found this info on another site and joined last night because it will save me some cash whenever I need a room.The initial one time fee to join in 10 bucks. Whenever you make a reservation on line, it adds 4.95 to the bill to compensate CLC. Rooms are discounted 50% or more in some areas here Corp Lodging. If you google the map and select "street view", you can actually see the hotel and what type of neighborhood it's in. Most provide truck parking and you can specify it when loking for a location.

Happy Motoring

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Kurbski, I'm curious about one thing: were you able to enroll as an individual, or as an associate with a company or organization? I ask because I've been a member for a couple years, and am finding that the carrier's name on my card is one that some motels don't have an acct . with, and will not accept the card.
I'd like to change the affiliation - can one get a card through OOIDA?

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I don't see where the carrier name should have anything to do with it. You have a relationship with CLC and they are the ones that should have the relationship with the hotel.
Having said that I did find out that you cannot trust the prices posted on their internet site (they told me this themselves). To make sure you have the correct rate you have to call CLC to verify.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can get the card under any "company" name you want. You could go with C & G Trucking and they'd set it up for you. We did one for my dad and made up a name. They haven't had any trouble using it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd probably do better to make up a name - last night was the second time I was told that the CLC card was ok, until the motel saw/heard the carrier's name, then they said "Sorry, no can do." It wasn't ever a problem, the first year or two, but I think I'll get another card, through OOIDA.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I meant making up C & G as your company name and they being corp lodging would set up the acct in that name. Through OOIDA would work too if that's an option.

Kurbski

Seasoned Expediter
I am not a member of OOIDA yet and have been in sales and training with my wife since 1997 so I used my personal visa and company name. Did it this way because I accure points on my visa and use the points for Hilton honors hotel rooms as another way to save on the road.

Haven't used CLC yet to reserve a room. The rates I have researched are really reasonable and it will be good to take a break,showers,watch hbo etc on a 34 or layover depending on who hires me. The hotels might not want trucks parked on the property for some reason. Just register under your own company name, park around back and check in.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I just signed up with my company name and got a voucher I can use right away. I called a couple places where I am and the rate drops in half. Darn good deal. If I don't get a load out of here today, at least I can stay in a room for cheaper than idling at the Flying J. Believe it or not, Wyoming isn't really the freight black hole a lot of people would have you believe. There's not as much of the "traditional" expedite like we're used to, but I've seen decent paying LTL out of here before. I'm cautiously hopeful that I'll get out of here with something in the back end, at least to pay my way to someplace good.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just signed up with my company name and got a voucher I can use right away. I called a couple places where I am and the rate drops in half. Darn good deal. If I don't get a load out of here today, at least I can stay in a room for cheaper than idling at the Flying J. Believe it or not, Wyoming isn't really the freight black hole a lot of people would have you believe. There's not as much of the "traditional" expedite like we're used to, but I've seen decent paying LTL out of here before. I'm cautiously hopeful that I'll get out of here with something in the back end, at least to pay my way to someplace good.

Last year there was a load or two out of Sturgis SD right after the rally....harley, show bikes, going back to York Pa....just a tip. Sturgis ends this weekend....

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I got my card from OOIDA. If you don't have it already, just call them and ask that they send it to you. It is part of your yearly membership. I've used it a couple of times now. No problems with reservations. They shouldn't give you a problem, if they accepted my own one truck carrier name on the card. If you get paid under a business name, then just have OOIDA use that on it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My card is in my own name...OntarioVanMan trucking!

Sometimes you can get better bargains with them motel clipper books from the welcome centers...just have to be frugal...

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
The card's value is not so much in getting you the cheapest room but in getting you an $80 room for $40.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
best value I've gotten is 60 buck room for 35 bucks...and when nascar is in town you can forget the CL card most place won't take them....They don't have too....and some only allot so many rooms for CL card holders...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The good: I have an email from someone at CLC, confirming that the card permits a 24 hr stay - if you check in at 1900, that's your checkout time. This is very good news, though I anticipate desk clerks being unaware of, it so will print out the email. Cause I want my money's worth! (And I hate getting up at the crack of noon. :D)
The bad: what I was saying earlier, is that several desk clerks have told me lately that they don't have an account with the carrier listed on my CheckInn card - apparently, just the card isn't enough, at some places.
The also nice to know in advance: if you get stuck in Bakersfield, California, the Vagabond Inn is a nice place to hang out. My room had a microfridge, (no coffeemaker, but the free breakfast includes a wafflemaker). The pool is small, but has lots of tables with umbrellas & lounge chairs, and the best part: it's surrounded by beautiful roses of every color, and awesome eucalyptus trees - it smells terrific.
They have a shuttle to the Frieghtliner repair place, they accept Comchecks, and they allow pets, too. :D

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem I had with the CLC card is that I very rarely get a room. When I needed to get a room because my truck would be in the shop overnight, they had made my card inactive. It took until the next day for it to be activated again. I think it goes inactive after 4 months of not being used? Not sure on that, but it's worth asking about before you sign up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem I had with the CLC card is that I very rarely get a room. When I needed to get a room because my truck would be in the shop overnight, they had made my card inactive. It took until the next day for it to be activated again. I think it goes inactive after 4 months of not being used? Not sure on that, but it's worth asking about before you sign up.

Good to know haven't used mine for awhile...been able to cut deals without using it, been using the coupon book which at times comes within a couple bucks of CLC and without the 4.95 charge makes it within a couple bucks either way...
I know people are discarding my coupon book idea but it does help and with the 4.95 CLC charge that is taxable as well..the coupons pay-off...

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
The good: I have an email from someone at CLC, confirming that the card permits a 24 hr stay - if you check in at 1900, that's your checkout time. This is very good news, though I anticipate desk clerks being unaware of, it so will print out the email. Cause I want my money's worth! (And I hate getting up at the crack of noon. :D)

My first time using the card I had a reservation for the evening but I was delayed by a freight mix up. I called to say I would be late and the hotel said "no problem". I checked in at 9:00am and checked out the next day at 7:00 am and was billed for a single "night". What I learned was:

1. Hotels are pretty empty during the day.
2. You cannot just leave the key in the room and head out. Its very important to return to the lobby so they record your time of departure.
3. Hotels may try to prevent you from checking in until late afternoon. Me having a reservation for the night before might have helped as I saw others delayed.
4. Again, your relationship is with Corporate Lodging, so no matter what the hotel people say, all that really matters is what you are finally billed.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
You have to have a credit card set up with them to receive their payment from, correct? What I'm wondering Cheri, is if your card might be geared to bill your carrier you had at the time? And if so, they could've put a stop on paying out for those? Just a thought? We had no prob getting one either, but haven't used it yet.. the other day however, got an email asking for new credit card info becuz ours had expired.. how would they know this if we haven't used it yet?

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
When you set up your account with Corporate Lodging you give them your credit card information. This includes expiration dates whether you use the service or not. I initially had misgivings about giving the card information. This is offset, however, by the convenience of not having to give the hotel any credit cards ever.