copy and paste

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
im curious for the last few weeks ive been copying articles that people post on here and pasting them into google searchs. funny thing is a lot of these articles on here seem to be news paper cliipings or google clippings that people copy and paste on here. now im not the greatest writer i know im not but i would rather read other peoples own words on here rather than a copy and paste that i allready read over the internet.

now not all articles are but i found quite a few and then there are the ones that maybe a few words ( few words meaning 5 or 6 ) have been changed but the paragraphs and quatations are allmost the same .
now there are some really good writing n here that i enjoy reading that is not copied and pasted and i say to my self wow i wish i could write like that ...
basically what im saying is be originall thats all im not knocking no one ... i was just surprised when i did this search that the number of articles that were copied and pasted

now onto more than likely me getting hammered for writing this

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
im curious for the last few weeks ive been copying articles that people post on here and pasting them into google searchs. funny thing is a lot of these articles on here seem to be news paper cliipings or google clippings that people copy and paste on here. now im not the greatest writer i know im not but i would rather read other peoples own words on here rather than a copy and paste that i allready read over the internet.

now not all articles are but i found quite a few and then there are the ones that maybe a few words ( few words meaning 5 or 6 ) have been changed but the paragraphs and quatations are allmost the same .
now there are some really good writing n here that i enjoy reading that is not copied and pasted and i say to my self wow i wish i could write like that ...
basically what im saying is be originall thats all im not knocking no one ... i was just surprised when i did this search that the number of articles that were copied and pasted

now onto more than likely me getting hammered for writing this

Not hammered but when I want to share something that I've read and found interesting....and would like to know what others think about it........what should I do??

Last edited:

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Who cares? At least we the readers didn't have to go a million places to look up the info. I'm thankful for one stop shopping.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A lot of people do that all over the net. Sometimes, too, an article that you've read is already worded well enough to make the point you are trying to make, or it already makes the point sufficiently so it's quicker and easier to copy and paste part or all of it. It's not to take ownership of the words, it's to make the point in a clear and comprehensible manner.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
For the most part, one doesn't have to google what is posted to see if it was from another source...most often the "link" to the original article is also posted...and I really have to think that the "cut & paste" articles are for the most part found in the soapbox...as one that most here would call a "professional cutter & paster'...i know thats where 99% of mine are at...

But I do have to wonder, why would one go to the effort to google word phrases to see if they are part of another article to begin with!?!? And why is this post in the "main forum"?? I see nothing related to "Expediting"....:rolleyes:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
A lot of people do that all over the net. Sometimes, too, an article that you've read is already worded well enough to make the point you are trying to make, or it already makes the point sufficiently so it's quicker and easier to copy and paste part or all of it. It's not to take ownership of the words, it's to make the point in a clear and comprehensible manner.

Not to mention that sometimes members make claims that other members would like to see confirmed so if you're making that claim, you should be able to back up your words with a link to where you found the information.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yep. If clear and comprehensible needs a link, then it needs to be provided. Otherwise, it's not all that clear and comprehensible. I'm confused now.

Moved to the Soapbox, since that's where most of the copy and paste takes place, anyway.

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
well i understand your point chiefdennis and to answer your question as to why i posted here it is because the articles i searched were from the main room

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
J-J wrote:

well i understand your point chiefdennis and to answer your question as to why i posted here it is because the articles i searched were from the main room

Again, I have to ask, Why!?!? :rolleyes:

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
wow i can pull some articles that are in the main forum that dont belong there... but i understand why they moved my thread here cause truth must hurt

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
seems u cant find the truth here one speaks his mind and a senior member opens his mouth and their is action... good thing its just a web site lol

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
seems u cant find the truth here one speaks his mind and a senior member opens his mouth and their is action... good thing its just a web site lol

Seems to me that you're not really curious at all.....maybe you just need a fight this evening.....

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One of the best phrases I've ever seen is "Blinding glimpse of the obvious" (BGO), from Barbarians At The Gate authored by Burroughs and Helvar in the 1980s. To have discovered from apparently extensive Google research that some contributors on this forum or others copy and paste articles from various media (sometimes with added comments or opinions) is a BGO. I suppose it wouldn't do any good to explain the reason why someone else's published material should be sourced when repeated to avoid plagiarism, while individual opinions stand on their own merit. Is this another one of those alter-egos created to pop up occasionally and stir up controversy? Quips from earlier posts in this thread make one wonder.

"now onto more than likely me getting hammered for writing this"

"yes lets turn it on me lmao"

Get a hobby or something...

witness23

Veteran Expediter
This reminds me of a movie:

The-Usual-Suspects-South-Park-----40447.jpg