Comfort Pro APU BLUES!!!

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know what the life (hour) expectancy is on a apu? I have a carrier comfort pro I'm assuming from reading on here it's the 6000 series because it uses R134A. Mine has 6265 hours. Just curious if anyone has an idea.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Two friends with Rigmasters.
One went 16,000 hrs. Bought another Rigmaster.
Another, about 2500 hrs and been in the shop a few times. No generator or a/c at present time.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Two friends with Rigmasters.
One went 16,000 hrs. Bought another Rigmaster.
Another, about 2500 hrs and been in the shop a few times. No generator or a/c at present time.

I hope I can get 16000 hours out of mine.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I've got 22,000 on my tripak. New compressor, alt, belts, pulleys, blower, oil pump, water pump, hoses, coolant fan is all it's had done to it.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I've got 22,000 on my tripak. New compressor, alt, belts, pulleys, blower, oil pump, water pump, hoses, coolant fan is all it's had done to it.

That's great news. I've heard great things about tripak the carrier I have on my truck was already on it when I bought the truck. I didn't even know what an apu was but now I'm sure glad I have it.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I'm looking hard at the carrier for my next truck. I'm interested in the stand alone version for a custom sleeper. It has a real generator instead of an inverter. It would save me a decent amount of money over a onan and a roof top a/c and be driver 1000 hour maint friendly.

rondawg

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I was having issues with thermostat blowing out, overheating issues, until I ran into another driver with same issues, he told me he rerouted the coolant lines from motor and ran them down the leftside frame rail back to apu mounted on right-side frame rail, I had that done no more overheating issues again. Still have belts that fray off and break, but after watching the Carrier techs install that over-priced weave belt now I understand why the pulley on flywheel could be out of alignment, they use pry bars, screw drivers and channel locks to install belt instead of that special tool to install.

Reactions: danthewolf00

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would call bill more , at truck TSI , in North Jackson OH, he is a Western Star dealer. He put my Proheat, that was what tripak in day. They will give you all info you need. Also great people to work with.