comcheck on a trailer repair, OMG!!!

termite289

Expert Expediter
ok, today i had a trailer that needed some repair ( not surprising lately). so i call the shop guy, and he finds me a grate dane shop with in 15 miles. cool. i go there, and it takes 1 hour and 45 min to cut out three boards from the floor, remove the rust, cut new boards to fit, drill now screw holes, and screw down the new boards. now i have a cool looking cross of new wood in the floor where i had a hole.
then comes time to pay. paul left, so i have to go through safety, did you fax the invoice, i will soon as i get the number, ok ill call you rite back. ok, so we fax, and wait, and wait, and wait, and i get impatient so i call back in and sit on hold with that ****able did you do you pretrip droning repeatedly in my ear for a half an hour. and finally i give up, hang up and call dispatch to let them know that the place closes in 45 more minuets, and they will lock the trailer inside the gate till morning if the repair isn't paid, and i will go to the truck stop to chase lizards ( not really but sounded dramatic)
it took 15 minuets less to get the com check than to repair the trailer floor. no wonder our equipment is starting to fall apart, no one wants to go through the nightmare of trying to get it fixed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Don't worry. They'll just take the money out of your settlement in two weeks. :D

termite289

Expert Expediter
at the rate of loaded miles im getting i may not get a settlement in two weeks.
feel like im beating my head against a concrete wall, and the concrete is winning.