Colors and Colors

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Seeing Leo is on a get all the info on the van kick lately :p, I know everyone really loves White, but if you were to have any van/cutaway vehicle color regardless what the company says, what would that color be.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grey, a nice medium grey colour. Or perhaps gray, a nice medium gray color.

Topcat

Seasoned Expediter
I would like a dark blue, the color of the San Dieago Chargers dark blue with a yellow stripe on the side.

moose

Veteran Expediter
silver ,
very nice , goes well with chrome / Decals ,& saves a lot on car wash ,
BTW , where do yo take a full sized Sprinter for a wash ?...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Blue Beacon is $13.50 for a van but you have to watch them that they don't try to charge a Sprinter as a box truck.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
white. Going custom I might go with a metalic white, or a silver gray that is almost white, but only on a van. A cutaway seems like it should just be a standard color like white.

eb

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Black with a red stripe, picture the Ateam van paint job but on a Sprinter. But if I do that then I'll have to tan alot, wear sleeveless t- shirts and stock up on gold chains.

Topcat

Seasoned Expediter
I can see it now. The Enemy and Jenny rolling down the road in an A Team color Sprinter with the A Team theme song playing.lol

MSinger

Expert Expediter
How about a pretty Penske Yellow?? It is great for visibility. Just wish I could keep the FRP box from fading!!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
bright silver metallic and midnight blue metallic, obviously. if we build another one though i think i might consider offing the midnight blue for a darker silver or a different blue maybe even a shade of white but not that standard white. dont know why more people dont build colored trucks, well i know why fedex people dont have painted boxes, but most co. dont care about truck color and alot of them dont care about any of it, if you ask. this trk. has been conway, tstate, rjr, and now arrow. none had a problem and all let us put our own stickers on and they have all been blue even the tstate stickers

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
bright silver metallic and midnight blue metallic, obviously. if we build another one though i think i might consider offing the midnight blue for a darker silver or a different blue maybe even a shade of white but not that standard white. dont know why more people dont build colored trucks, well i know why fedex people dont have painted boxes, but most co. dont care about truck color and alot of them dont care about any of it, if you ask. this trk. has been conway, tstate, rjr, and now arrow. none had a problem and all let us put our own stickers on and they have all been blue even the tstate stickers

I see many many expeditor straights and vans with two or more different logos from the different companies. There must be a better way to get rid of the decal residue.
In my opinion it looks tacky to see the residue of one company under the new decal.
I would guess darker color trucks would have more of a fading problem then white, if you removing logos

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i used goo gone on the bolt lettering. i was shocked when i discovered it was 83 individual items and not one large decal. lots of elbow and lots of goo gone and it worked.

gracie likes the sky blue of the werner trucks and the bone/tan of others. i was thinking of going with a nice iris purple with white and yellow accents on the cab. leave the box white. if i bought an aerocell i would add the aerocell reflective stripe although i am kinda likin' the two tone on some frtliners and k-worths.