CNN and MSNBC stirring racial unrest in Ferguson, MO.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where did you come up with such balder dash? I've yet to see any anti dealth penalty person make any such claim.
:confused:
What? Regarding eyewitness accounts being inconsistent and sometimes unreliable? For kicks and giggles go back and read comments about this in other CP threads.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What? Regarding eyewitness accounts being inconsistent and sometimes unreliable? For kicks and giggles go back and read comments about this in other CP threads.

Ten people can witness the same event, and you can get ten different versions of the event from them. That's hardly a surprise.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Imagine a Gentle Giant robs and roughs up a small Asian store clerk. Imagine it's caught on video.

Imagine same Gentle Giant is confronted by a cop minutes later and punches cop so hard the bones around the cop's eye socket are broken.

Imagine Gentle Giant decides to lunge at cop.

Lots of facts yet to be determined. Reserving judgment at this point seems prudent.

BREAKING REPORT: Officer Darren Wilson Suffered ?Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket? During Mike Brown Attack | The Gateway Pundit

Just curious. Why did that Asian store clerk cower in the video?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The claim was anti death penalty people are making the claim. I have not seen this to be the case.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just curious. Why did that Asian store clerk cower in the video?

He was at the mercy of the thug who robbed him? He was not armed, no way, unless he was a martial arts master, could he defend him self against the thug, who ever it was. He could not depend on the police to do anything. All he had left was to run, cower, and hope he lived through it.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Sometimes your 'facts' are a little sketchy. All the links referenced the same 2000 incident.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Lots of speculation and unconfirmed claims concerning this incident. One source, the gatewaypundit.com, has a report about the encounter between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson. Gateway pundit alleges Officer Wilson suffered broken bones around his eye after struggle with Brown. If this is correct, the Ferguson police department needs to be communicating better with the public.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The claim was anti death penalty people are making the claim. I have not seen this to be the case.
Alright I'll try to clarify. Don't want to get off topic though . I believe Turtle commented previously about witnesses. He is also anti death penalty.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you have a link that covers this specifically, I'll be glad to read it.
Thanks.
Turtle wrote:
Ferguson, MO has a long and rich history of white cops shooting and killing the mostly black citizens of the town, most of the shootings later being determined to be unjustified, and a county prosecutor with an equally long and rich history of either negotiating the charges of the shooters down to minor infractions or not even prosecuting the cases at all

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you have a link that covers this specifically, I'll be glad to read it.
Thanks.
Turtle wrote:
Ferguson, MO has a long and rich history of white cops shooting and killing the mostly black citizens of the town, most of the shootings later being determined to be unjustified, and a county prosecutor with an equally long and rich history of either negotiating the charges of the shooters down to minor infractions or not even prosecuting the cases at all
A link that has a laundry list of each and every incident? No, I don't have that. So feel free to believe it's all sketchy and that I made it up.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lots of speculation and unconfirmed claims concerning this incident. One source, the gatewaypundit.com, has a report about the encounter between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson. Gateway pundit alleges Officer Wilson suffered broken bones around his eye after struggle with Brown. If this is correct, the Ferguson police department needs to be communicating better with the public.
Better communication is clearly needed there in any case. But if that report it true, the question then becomes how did that happen? Was it provoked? Did Brown just walk up to the officer and hammer him, or was Brown defending himself? At least one report said that when the officer stopped and yelled at them to get out of the road, the officer quickly opened his door to get out and managed to hit Brown with the door as it opened. Opening the door to exit the vehicle is an aggressive move.

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading through all the conflicting accounts and taking into account human nature here is what I believe happened. This is not meant to be the be all and end all explanation for what happened. It is meant to further the discussion with another concept.

The cop cruises past the men in the street and yells for them to "get the f**k out of the street."

One of the men yells a smart a** reply angering the cop.

The cop throws the car in reverse and quickly backs up squealing the tires. He stops even Brown so he can hit him with his car door when he opens it. A petty move to punish the guy for talking back.

The door hits Brown and he shoves it back at the cop. The cop is able to grab Brown when he is pushing on the door. They get into a wrestling match. This is not what the cop was planning. He is now in potential danger. Rightly or wrongly he believes Brown reaches for his gun. Now his adrenalin is pumping. He pulls his gun and everything goes really bad. He is so afraid that he feels he has to fire his gun around 6 times. He is acting on instinct.

This does not answer the question of what Brown did after they started wrestling. There isn't enough clear accounts to determine this for me. Same with the question of did the cop put one final shot into Brown once he was down.

The fatal mistake was made when the cop stopped even with Brown. If he had continued backing another 20 feet he could keep all 3 men in view and could exit his vehicle in safely.

He made a couple bad choices early on and now someone is dead. I don't believe he wanted that. But it was his responsibility to maintain control of the situation and he failed to do that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reading through all the conflicting accounts and taking into account human nature here is what I believe happened. This is not meant to be the be all and end all explanation for what happened. It is meant to further the discussion with another concept.

The cop cruises past the men in the street and yells for them to "get the f**k out of the street."

One of the men yells a smart a** reply angering the cop.

The cop throws the car in reverse and quickly backs up squealing the tires. He stops even Brown so he can hit him with his car door when he opens it. A petty move to punish the guy for talking back.

The door hits Brown and he shoves it back at the cop. The cop is able to grab Brown when he is pushing on the door. They get into a wrestling match. This is not what the cop was planning. He is now in potential danger. Rightly or wrongly he believes Brown reaches for his gun. Now his adrenalin is pumping. He pulls his gun and everything goes really bad. He is so afraid that he feels he has to fire his gun around 6 times. He is acting on instinct.

This does not answer the question of what Brown did after they started wrestling. There isn't enough clear accounts to determine this for me. Same with the question of did the cop put one final shot into Brown once he was down.

The fatal mistake was made when the cop stopped even with Brown. If he had continued backing another 20 feet he could keep all 3 men in view and could exit his vehicle in safely.

He made a couple bad choices early on and now someone is dead. I don't believe he wanted that. But it was his responsibility to maintain control of the situation and he failed to do that.
With a couple of minor differences (additions, really), I agree wholeheartedly with that theory.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ferguson: A small place for so much activity: As of the census[3] of 2010, there were 21,203 people, 8,192 households, and 5,500 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,425.4 inhabitants per square mile (1,322.6 /km2). There were 9,105 housing units at an average density of 1,470.9 per square mile (567.9 /km2). The racial makeup of the city was 29.3% White, 67.4% African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.4% from other races, and 2.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population.

There were 8,192 households of which 39.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.6% were married couples living together,**** 31.5% had a female householder with no husband present,**** 6.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 32.9% were non-families. 28.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 3.12.

The median age in the city was 33.1 years. 28.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.2% were from 25 to 44; 25.3% were from 45 to 64; and 10.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 44.8% male and 55.2% female.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is amazing that we are taking "human nature" into account when it is likely no one in here knows the people involved and has no idea of their "nature". Sounds like making assumptions to me based on one's own nature and prejudices.

IF this cop has done wrong, he should be held accountable, if not, he should be left alone.

It is my personal believe that this officer stands no chance in hell of getting a proper investigation or a fair trial if on is required. It is also my personal believe that even if he is found to have done nothing illegal his career is over. That may, or may not, be a good thing.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It is amazing that we are taking "human nature" into account when it is likely no one in here knows the people involved and has no idea of their "nature". Sounds like making assumptions to me based on one's own nature and prejudices.

IF this cop has done wrong, he should be held accountable, if not, he should be left alone.

It is my personal believe that this officer stands no chance in hell of getting a proper investigation or a fair trial if on is required. It is also my personal believe that even if he is found to have done nothing illegal his career is over. That may, or may not, be a good thing.

Your last paragraph could be true, but many blacks could say the same thing about black people never getting a fair trial in the world of the white man........it happens.