Cleaning wood cabinets in sleeper

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We have the sleeper made by AA Sleeper so we have those light wood cabinets. How do you clean the wood cabinets - the outside of the cabinets? What is a good cleaner that won't hurt the wood? I have used some strong all purpose cleaner on the cabinets and it will clean them but I think I should be using a good wood cleaner/polisher. Any ideas??

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Murphy's Oil Soap...that is what I use at home. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks Terry!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I used Murphys on ours, then took a towel sprayed with Pledge and wiped them down. Gave them a good shine.

barney

Expert Expediter
When mixed properly with water, mint mouth wash and whatever insecticide you want, it is great on your garden and flowers. Murphy's is a really good insecticide, fungicide, miticide by itself but when mixed, it's great.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Ugh! Mixing Murphy's Oil Soap with mint mouthwash??? Would that be a little like scrubbing the toilet with a toothbrush while brushing your teeth?? Hehehehehehee!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
From the time I was big enough to hold a scrub brush (age 3, if memory serves :rolleyes:), Mom had me cleaning the floors with Murphy's - when I was a teenager, I did it with the "Cinderella attitude', lol, but now...the smell of Murphy's makes me homesick.