Church Of Scientology Going On A Warpath......

Brisco

Expert Expediter
......against Internet Bloggers, and from what I read/understood in the article below, internet "Discussion Boards" too.

Church of Scientology asks followers to censor Web comments | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

What caught my attention was this:

The message instructs followers to visit media sites, including Microsoft, Google or any other that requires users to agree to a code of conduct that prohibits comments that threaten, defame or degrade any group or individuals.

Followers should hunt for any comments about the Cruise-Holmes divorce, click the "Report" tag, and report the comments as violations of the site's code of conduct, the email instructs.

You can write something like "Violate Your Code of Conduct". 'defames or degrades a group for any reason including on the basis of religion.'

So.....Admin / Mods......if we start bashing The Cult of Scientology here, and you guys start getting complaints from new members that show up out of the blue, are you guys going to side with us "Regular" Lunatics that's been around for a while......or are ya'll going to side with the new "Lunatics" that just showed up by heeding their request to control what is said about their Cult??

Just Wondering.........cause we sure could have a Hey Day over this.....Know What I Mean. :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Church of Scientology has been on an Internet Warpath for a long time. Watching the Wiki Edit Wars on the Scientology page was quite the entertainment, I must say.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct here that prohibits saying unkind, unflattering, offensive and negative things about any one, any group, or any religion on the basis of religion. If someone says something objectionable about the Church of Scientology, and it gets moderated in some way, it won't be because it was about the Church of Scientology, it will be because it violated the existing Code of Conduct. I know there are those, the Church of Scientology in particular, who view any such negativity as defamation. The Terms of Service here state right up front that you are likely to be offended by something, so enter and participate at your own risk. The Church of Scientology nor anyone else is likely to control this site. Many have tried, most have been banned, all have failed.

It's worth noting that we have at least one long time and well respected member of EO who is a Scientologist.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The Church of Scientology has been on an Internet Warpath for a long time. Watching the Wiki Edit Wars on the Scientology page was quite the entertainment, I must say.
Wish I'd have seen that.

It's worth noting that we have at least one long time and well respected member of EO who is a Scientologist.
WOW! Fascinating.
One of my favorite actresses, Leah Remini, whose children I'd bear if I could figure out how, is one of those wacky scientologists. And she's a little sensitive about it, from what I understand.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Watching the Wiki Edit Wars on the Scientology page was quite the entertainment, I must say..........

Why would anyone even be interested in this at all?? It's almost like listening to the Professor on Gilligans Island explain how exciting Seed Germination Processing is........Hahaha......

Anyways.....it did catch my attention.....so I actually looked it up myself. (OMG - Am I bored today or what??? :) )

Interesting.........Very Cool Read:

Scientology and the Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the "Scientology's Online Campaign" and the "Raids and Lawsuits" articles carefully. IMO....Not Only is Scientology a "Cult".....but they're also homegrown terrorists.........Period.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They are very passionate, to say the least. Back in the early days of Wikipedia, and to a degree continues to this day, someone would make entries on the main Scientology page, sometimes factual but unflattering, and a Scientology official would edit or remove the entry. The entry would be put back, taken down, put back with a 'yo mama' added, on ad infinitum. It was not unlike a Pee Wee Herman movie, or an army of CB Rambos goin' at it, except it got very ugly. It's now VERY hard for anyone at all to make an edit on that page.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Wish I'd have seen that.

WOW! Fascinating.
One of my favorite actresses, Leah Remini, whose children I'd bear if I could figure out how, is one of those wacky scientologists. And she's a little sensitive about it, from what I understand.

Not knowing you, AMonger, but assuming you are male.... it is possible you could sire Leah Remini's children. But, she would have to bear the little Mongers.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Why would anyone even be interested in this at all?? It's almost like listening to the Professor on Gilligans Island explain how exciting Seed Germination Processing is........Hahaha......

Anyways.....it did catch my attention.....so I actually looked it up myself. (OMG - Am I bored today or what??? :) )

Interesting.........Very Cool Read:

Scientology and the Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the "Scientology's Online Campaign" and the "Raids and Lawsuits" articles carefully. IMO....Not Only is Scientology a "Cult".....but they're also homegrown terrorists.........Period.

Have you been watching Homeland Security training films or something? I hate that friggen word! It means everything from a mountain to a molehill. It is overused, and the government is to blame.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Not knowing you, AMonger, but assuming you are male.... it is possible you could sire Leah Remini's children. But, she would have to bear the little Mongers.

Saying I'd bear them is to emphasize my devotion to her, as in "I'd bear her children..."
Or as Herb Tarlek said after stealing and reading a speech written by a woman, "Speaking as someone who'd like to one day bear children--in my arms--men do that, you know..."

Back to Leah Remini, she's half of a conceptual duopoly that leaves me weak. Consider this combination: Carrie Heffernan and the movie Weird Science.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Have you been watching Homeland Security training films or something? I hate that friggen word! It means everything from a mountain to a molehill. It is overused, and the government is to blame.
"Terrorists" may be a bit much, and rather inaccurate since they don't really terrorize masses of people. A "mafioso criminal enterprise" may be more accurate, though.

Scientology's been caught blackmailing politicians, breaking into government offices to steal records, forging papers used to indict and jail people, and sent in infiltrators incredibly deep in near critics to try to break them, dig up dirt, or even get them to commit suicide. They've been caught breaking into doctors' offices for private medical records, breaking into psychiatrists' offices for anything they can find against their critics or targets. This is the Cult of Scientology [wikipedia.org] in action, how they really operate. The BBC did an absolutely great documentary on how they still operate in 2010 [wikipedia.org].

They've always been secretive and protective, but the current church leadership is far different from days gone by, and are far more obsessed with these things. It's why many are leaving the church and refuse to be part and parcel of what's going on there now.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just the fact that church members are instructed to hunt for comments about a divorce and report them as inappropriate without any reference as to whether Scientology is even mentioned in the comment says it all.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Why was this moved down to "The Basement"??

Did someone complain.....did a Cult Member get to someone here??

Just wonderin'.....................:confused:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Why was this moved down to "The Basement"??

Did someone complain.....did a Cult Member get to someone here??

Just wonderin'.....................:confused:

Hmmm. I didnt move it, someone might have thought you were posting it as an actual question to us l

I'll get back to ya.

Er... let's table this until we can have a meeting of the department heads, whereupon we'll circle back and revisit the issue.

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I moved it, and it was because I thought Brisco was posting as a direct question to us. That's why I answered it the way I did in my initial reply. He asked specifically how the Web site would handle any complaints, and I answered him. Seemed like a Website and Support Services question to me. The thread evolved from there. At this point it's become another thread, and should probably be moved back, IMHO.

Incidentally, there is no "basement". There are simply forum categories.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If u will call little Tommy Cruise, he wil answer all your questions and maybe let you wear his fighterpilot suit and cia space cadet ring, take 2.