Censorship

MikeC

Seasoned Expediter
I was under the impression that a forum was a method to exchange ides,viewpoints get information and so on. Looks like that doesn't happen here.

A couple of days ago there was a thread started by the A Team. He was telling how he had made more truck paymenys than necessary. I loooked back through the forums topics and saw no reason why he would state what he stated. In other words no one was questioning him. So I saw some other drivers that found this post amusing. I posted their comments. These comments were not negative but I guess were perceived to be by the A Team as my comment was removed but others were allowed to stay. Later on the whole topic was removed.

I guess I just want to know why? Last spring I met one of the moderators Rich M in Titusville FL. He introduced me to this site and I must admit other then this incident it has certainly been useful.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>Mike give me a call, I can explain what happened.

C'mon rich,spell it out.I'm sure there are more than a few of us that want to know why it was removed.DD.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I found it the same way even private E-mailed Leo got about the same answer. I find it most dissipointing that no slanders or negativity was generated that it was pulled. Just an observation on Rich that Leo pulls his comments, I personally do not agree that is necessary until someone insults, swears, or threatens a poster.

As the poster of Censorhip said, nice post, better observation.

Hey Rich wana call me?

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Leo great story,Thats pretty funny LOL...I was waiting for the rest of the REAL story by the A Team,Not the BS that followed In the post...Thanks Leo...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I must apologize in public, I private emailed Leo asking him why?
Well I just found it Leo did not do it, but we had a couple of private emial responses dissagreeing with WHY. Well I was wrong, I still dissagree with deleting it, but now I understand.

So I am sorry.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What? here too?

Can someone please explain what is going on? The other thead about FedEx is missing #34, what's up with that?

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Greg this Is a great site and full of Information,But I guess we all may need to watch what we post here now.....Sorry but Its the way I'm starting to fill....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wasn't me. I don't know who removed it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Leo hi I was just asking because It seems funny that Its gone,I want to say that I have learned alot from your post and agree with most,It just looks bad when post come up missing or removed on the forum here...Nothing against you keep up the good work Leo...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"Greg this Is a great site and full of Information,But I guess we all may need to watch what we post here now.....Sorry but Its the way I'm starting to fill...."

Tec, I wouldn't worry about it. I moderated over a lot of sites and this one is one of the best out there for info sharing and community sprit.

Despite some who like to ruin it by being idiots, there is little reason I can see why we need to worry about being censored. I mean that everything that is posted will offend someone sometime and if we all worry about what we write, then we would not write anything out of fear.

I still go back to my earlier comments;

Phil created the thread so.....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>
>Despite some who like to ruin it by being idiots, there is
>little reason I can see why we need to worry about being
>censored. I mean that everything that is posted will offend
>someone sometime and if we all worry about what we write,
>then we would not write anything out of fear.

Very true. There is no reason to feel you are being censored. The thread in question was removed in the interest of a peaceful forum. We do our best to allow free exhange of facts, ideas, and opinions.

However, when no good can come from the direction a thread is taking, there is no reason to let it stay.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Censorship of the EO Forums! That is the headline of today's post. MOD T said: We don't censor the boards, but when someone decides to make a fool of themselves it is our duty to protect the boards from foolishness. Like Dreamer said it's for the good of the forum. Ya you may disagree now, but if you knew the rest of the story you all would understand.

Page 2.

I on the other hand, feel kinda like some of you. In my Sig it states 'think before you speak' or in this case type. I whole heartily believe when someone paints a flawless image then inserts foot into their own mouth trying to portray this false 'Dang' I mean flawless image they deserve what they get thrown at them good, bad or indifferent.

I like many saw this poster getting criticized and laughed at behind his back, he was definitely talked about like a clown, ops I meant he was the talk of every truck stop around.BUT! When it spilled over to the forum we had to do what we thought was the right thing to do, right or wrong. We did what we did and I stand behind what was done.

I personally would have left it, but because I am what I am, I have to agree with Dreamer. Our goal is to do what we feel is best for the forum even if it means putting our personal beliefs aside.

I hope we are talking about the same poster? You know the one with all the worldly experience.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ummmm????/who could it be?
I removed the thread after several mods reviewed it. Specifically for the reasons Tony and Dreamer just mentioned above.
Simple as that.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a great animonsity betweeen Rich M. and the A-Team.

Rich M. probably was a good driver.

As a moderator, he is out of his element and jealous of the A-Team.

How sad. He does a great disservice to those or us who whish to learn.

It is time to remove Rich M. (the moderator) who hates...rather than exhanges ideas.

Ideas from ALL DRIVERS.

Be safe and don't hate.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Whoa , Back up Animosity between me and the A Team. What the hell did I do to create this situation. I have never met the A Team. I know the poster who complained about HIS post being yanked but I certainly had nothing do with the post being pulled or posted. A Team is free just like many others to say what he wants to,as long as it is revelant and not a personal attack, and not vulgar he is free to say he expedited to the moon.

People can call him on that but so what. Many posts lack some validity and they go on. As far as I go,I wish the A Team and everyone else on EO success,it's not always easy in this business to succeed. If A Team does it more power to him.

One more item. Jealous of the A Team,why would I be jealous of him?