Censorship

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hedgehog,

I'm not sure why you're pitting RichM against the ATeam. I watched this thread since it appeared this morning. The thread that this one was referring to had become an open door for people to take pot shots at the ATeam. Moderators (including Rich) saw the need to first lock and then remove it as it was not a post regarding doing our jobs better, but rather an attempted self-vindication regarding rumored personal finance problems. THIS NEED NOT GO IN THE GENERAL FORUM. This forum is for increasing our knowledge in our work field.

It really was an act of mercy and integrity to remove it.

Thank you mods, for how you've handled that post as well as this one.

Kudos!

Jeff

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well this is better than the thread itself!

I understand Dreamers, Tony, Leos and Dave's position on this and have to hand it to them about how it was handled.

oh well I am told not to continue about it, the wife is watching.......

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hedgehog,

I can't agree with you. Rich has served many years and contributed countless hours to help folks into expediting. He was recently presented with an award for his efforts at the expo.
I don't believe your in a position to comment without knowing all the facts.
The Ateam has been controversial at many sites including EO. If one puts out controversial posts, that is likely the responses they will recieve. If they get out of hand, then the necessary action is taken.
Many times a situation develops that one responds to inaccurate, misleading information, or just a difference of opinion. I wouldn't confuse that with a hate issue. Look at it as more of a benefit to the new folks who may not be as informed on a certain topic.

Lastly, Rich has accomplished quite alot in his expedite career. I don't see a place where jelousy would even be a factor?

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>There is a great animonsity betweeen Rich M. and the A-Team.
> Maybe, maybe not. We aren't required to love everyone here, just to be civil, and I have never seen anything less from RichM.
>Rich M. probably was a good driver.
> Were his qualifications as a driver questioned?
>As a moderator, he is out of his element and jealous of the
>A-Team.
> Untrue, and definitely uncalled for!
>How sad. He does a great disservice to those or us who whish
>to learn.
> Again: untrue. Considering the scarcity of your contributions, how much help have you provided? My guess would be about as much in 4 years as RichM does in an average week on EO.
>It is time to remove Rich M. (the moderator) who
>hates...rather than exhanges ideas.
> It is time to remind people that the mods who insist on civility, and challenge what they perceive as questionable statements, are teaching a lesson that many of us should be learning.
>Ideas from ALL DRIVERS.
>
>Be safe and don't hate.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Highway star.. Best way to make a million in business for yourself... start out with 2 million!

----

Ok.. serious note.

Hedgehog,

Your comments were uncalled for. RichM had nothing to do with the removal of that thread. His personal feelings for Ateam had nothing to do with the removal of that thread. Many people were expressing their feelings on BOTH sides of the issue.

While Ateam may have felt the need to simply express his feelings on a perceived wrong, the thread was quickly degenerating into another flamefest.

Other forums may allow that, we will not.

On that note, this thread is now locked. There is no further need to refer to this situation, it is over. Let's let back to Expediting.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
IMO, One of you MOD guys should just lock, delete, purge, or what ever you can do...with this thread too. It will keep gaining life and I know that I am not contributing to it do....for that apologize.

I know with regard to myself, the whole topic just brings up bad memories of a time ago that I just don't want to be rekindled again.

Maybe, (most likely), I am speaking out of line here and I mean no disrespect to the person that started it but I for one have "been there---done that....don't want to do it again."

The topic of censorship being brought up again is really like "beating a dead horse".

Just my opinion...

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--