cell phones telemarketers

clcooper

Expert Expediter
You can register your cell phone for the national do not call list at 888-382-1222 now. Cell phones go public this month to telemarketers and you will be charged for their calls to your cell. Takes only seconds to do!

i know some of you will say not to call the number because the telemarketers are only trying to make a porfit . that is their business

so dont you think it is time you stop and think what do you really want . less regulations so things like this can happen with out you haveing any control . you have to pay weather you want the it or not . FREEDOM

lets better the profits not better life .

clcooper

Expert Expediter
then why do they have a number for you to call to be put on the do not call list . makes you think dont it . WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
then why do they have a number for you to call to be put on the do not call list . makes you think dont it . WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH

People always take things to the extreme. You get a utility service and give your cell phone number, they sell it. You sign up for a magazine or newspaper and give your cell phone number they sell it. You sign up for a free give away online and give your cell number they may sell it. I could go on but you get the idea, and that is the reason for the do not call list, not because of some directory being created. Also if a person has unlimited calling they will pay nothing, don't answer unknown numbers and you might use 1 of your minutes. It isn't really a big deal. The do not call registry is always an option for those that want it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
People always take things to the extreme. You get a utility service and give your cell phone number, they sell it. You sign up for a magazine or newspaper and give your cell phone number they sell it. You sign up for a free give away online and give your cell number they may sell it. I could go on but you get the idea, and that is the reason for the do not call list, not because of some directory being created. Also if a person has unlimited calling they will pay nothing, don't answer unknown numbers and you might use 1 of your minutes. It isn't really a big deal. The do not call registry is always an option for those that want it.

You think that's something? Give your phone number to Omaha Steaks and you'll never eat an undisturbed dinner again.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Because people don't think and we have become a nation obsessed with being "connected" we deserve what we get.

For example Facebook is not the best place to put personal information but no one seems to mind handing key information to them to "be connected" to their freinds and family (a bit lazy to me). When something happens, people cry about it, kind of like playing in traffic and when you get run over, you blame the driver. Facebook can be accessed easily for that information on the backend and nothing can make them protect the information that they hold on you because they make a profit from that information.

The same goes for these websites who require all kinds of info, Apple for one which I was p*ssed what I had to tell them. Nonetheless, all of this information is there for the taking.

Then you have the states who sell your information to the telemarketers, mine does and it doesn't matter what list I'm on, I still get calls and garbage in the mail.

No longer do we as a society care about what happens to that information, we are quick to give it up and in many cases all too willing to hand it to someone we don't know for a purpose we can't comprehend.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got my cell phone on the Do Not Call list, have had it there for years-- for all the good that does. There's a scam operation that specifically seems to call cell phones, supposedly they can lower your credit-card interest rates. I get them every other week on the average, never answer but the number always traces to the same scammy bit.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got my cell phone on the Do Not Call list, have had it there for years-- for all the good that does. There's a scam operation that specifically seems to call cell phones, supposedly they can lower your credit-card interest rates. I get them every other week on the average, never answer but the number always traces to the same scammy bit.

Ok I have to ask, sorry but it just bugs me that people are so fast to use words like scam. Do you know for a fact they are a scam or do you just assume so since they use what some would consider sleazy marketing tatics? Nothing personal this is something that always gets my interest kinda of like people calling every email they get that isn't from friends or family spam.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
yep that is freedom . and who has the rights . why cant i sell my own number and make the money off of it .

yes it is funny
people say they want their freedoms and their rights and their privacy . but it is ok for others to sell your information that you don't like to give out to start with .

yep it ****ies you off .you have to give them information but it doesn’t **** you off when they give it or sell your information . that is FUNNY

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doesn't bother me to give my info, get phone calls, junk mail, or email advertising. I don't answer, throw it in the trash, hit the delete button. Much simpler than getting worked up about it and less time consuming.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok I have to ask, sorry but it just bugs me that people are so fast to use words like scam. Do you know for a fact they are a scam or do you just assume so since they use what some would consider sleazy marketing tatics? Nothing personal this is something that always gets my interest kinda of like people calling every email they get that isn't from friends or family spam.

Since you ask: Yep, it's a scam all right. Supposedly they can lower your credit-card interest. Problem: They have no connection to the bank that issued your card, so they're powerless to do what they said they could do. They DO ask you for your information, and armed with that they clean out your credit cards. It's right next to the 419 scam in my book.

Next:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"yep that is freedom . and who has the rights . why cant i sell my own number and make the money off of it."

My FIRST guess would be that nobody WANTS your number! :p
But hey, HAVE AT IT! Nobody is stopping you from selling your one, single phone number.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It is unlawful for any person to make any call (other than a call made for emergency purposes or made with express prior consent) using any automatic telephone dialing system or any artificial or prerecorded voice message to any telephone number assigned to a paging service, mobile telephone service or any service for which the called party is charged for the call. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the number is listed on the national Do-Not-Call list.

The federal government does not maintain a national cell phone registry. Personal cell phone users have always been able to add their numbers to the National Do-Not-Call Registry, the same Registry consumers use to register their land lines, but it is not necessary, as the laws already prevent telemarketers from calling cell phones.

Contrary to many of the e-mails, there is no deadline to register your number, and if you have registered your phone number (landline or cell) with the National Do-Not-Call Registry, you do not need to re-register, as it will stay on the Registry until you cancel your registration or discontinue service.

We have our best people on the job to ensure you to not receive unwanted phone calls.

OneRingyDingy.jpg