cat bashing

2pioneers

Seasoned Expediter
I love to watch people bad mouth Panther and the SAME 3 or 4 people come back to say that are stupid or an idiot. Some poor sap will loose his/her shirt, complain and here we go again. The reason you did'nt make it is you are stupid and did'nt know what you were doing. Does Panther play favorites NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Tou are stupid and don't understand how things work around here. So here you go folks and you know who you are:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Vulgarity is simply an excuse for not using language that more properly and effectively communicates one's thoughts.

It is like the smoking issue.

If you want to smoke...help yourself. Just don't force me to inhale by smoking in my presence.

Want to trash talk...help yourself. Just don't force me to listen by doing so in my presence. Ditto for printed matter also.

Pretty simple request.

Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I've never understood why the o/o doesn't buy the qc themselves and it stays with their vehichle where ever they go. Or is qc not able to swap comapaines?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Tou are stupid and don't understand how
>things work around here. So here you go folks and you know
>who you are:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Yes I know who I are. But I haven't a clue as to who you are or what you are trying to communicate with this post. If tou are like me and I know I am then tou may understandeth or tou may not understandeth. Understand?

Enough of that! The topic is "cat bashing". The following is a true story. Most of the information was obtained from the Panther website, under "track shipments".

17:41 Order created.

17:50 I receive text message with load offer. p.u. time 19:00. Delivery time 08:00. Loaded miles 375. Miles to shipper 16.

17:57 I receive call from dispatch about load offer. I was out running errands and was about 10 minutes from home and my van. I ask for the p.u. time to be pushed backed 15 minutes to allow me to get home and to the shipper during a rainy rush hour.

I thought this to be a reasonable request as the shipper is open all night, the load doesn't deliver until 08:00 tomorrow and I picked up at the same shipper Monday afternoon and was given only 42 minutes to pick up. I asked for some extra time and they gave me an extra 90 minutes. I missed the original p.u. time by 5 minutes.

The website showed the load was given to a truck in Hudson, WI. 35 miles away.

19:15 In at shipper. Excellent time considering the distance and rush hour traffic.

19:40 Out at shipper. Miles to delivery 381 miles. Remember the load paid out at 375 miles. Somebody is starting out 6 miles in the hole.

The point of this cat tail is; if there is another truck available they don't need to bargain with you. Apparently Monday I was the only truck in town. Oh well! Stupid tou what stupid do.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ark, everyone that went over to Panther after the Con-Way sale kept their Q.C units.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm satisfied with Panther or I'd move elsewhere. I'm not thrilled with paying almost $5500 a year for a less than two thousand dollar expense. If I was paying $25,480 a year for about $7000 of actual expense I'd really go nuts. They are supposed to make money off the loads they book. They should not be making profit off my QC or other such things. That is completely wrong.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I mean no offense when I saw this I'm just trying to learn. Don't you all have a driver's council that meets with the company executives? Isn't this the kind of stuff tey are supposed to talk to them about and get some things handeled and changed? Again I mean no offense just curious.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>I see alot of bashing and bad mouthing panther I tell you
>folks panther is not the only trucks sitting. In el
>pisso,tx. we had 5-6 panther trucks sitting when we were
>there.We seen I know 4 fed x trucks sitting and a couple of
>tri-state trucks and 1 or 2 expediting companies I have
>never even heard of, all waiting for a load. from what I see
>and read on here people, we are in the slow period.it's just
>something that us newbies as you call us have to get use to
>and the rest have to realize."thats the nature of the
>business" or so I hear.
> thats just my opinion

A sitting truck tells one very little about what is actually going on as all trucks do tend to sit from time to time for various reasons.

One would need to dig into those reasons to extract a little more useful information, but even that would not be enough to make a judgment call that in general "business is slow".

Rather than counting the number of sitting trucks and noting the companies they are with it might be better to start with having a handle on how the economy is doing... for this you have to keep your finger on it's pulse *all* the time and not just when you think business is slowing down.

After doing this for a period of time you start to develop a sense and education about how the businesses are doing for which you carry freight for. You'll learn when you hear something on the business news whether that issue will be good or bad for those companies and how that might affect your prospects for freight from them... if you carry the sort of freight they have.

From my perspective, things are not slow... they are humming along as expected.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The driver's council is working on a number of things and making progress. Several things have already come online that are positive. This is a tougher issue and will take time to resolve, if it can be at all.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator
----------

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
$1820 a year, $5460 in three years. That could buy you a new laptop every 3 years with satellite internet, GPS and all sorts of wondrous things. A carrier could do everything a qualcom does and much, much more.

BTW, my carrier is going to GPS phones the 1st of next month. We'll get load offers with miles, $$$, etc. Everything a qualcom does on a phone you replace every 2 years. Love It!

silverdollar

Expert Expediter
Did any of you people ever think that maybe Panther is not in the freight business,Maybe they are in the QC business? :+

G

with 600 loads every day and 1700 trucks and still taking trucks

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Panther must have bought another carrier today if they now have 1700 trucks. That is a much higher number than yesterday.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>with 600 loads every day and 1700 trucks and still taking
>trucks

Hmmmm right now Express-1 is hitting 230-250 loads a day with 300 trucks...

Excuse me I am off to make a bank deposit....hehehe

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>with 600 loads every day and 1700 trucks and still taking
>trucks

Where are you getting your numbers from? If you are getting them from Billy Joe Jim Bob he is just pulling them out of a body cavity. If they are from a reputable source please enlighten us.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator
----------

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
is that all the vehicles we have 1700???? if thats all the vehicles we have how could my position be 1701st out of grand rapids mi??? lol just kiddin seems that way at times though

G

How can you explain why I got only 200 miles run in 10 days from Detroit?