Cargo Van

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
My Brother wants to get Into Expediting in a Cargo Van! He is In the Process of Buying one But, He doesn't know what all has to be done to it to Qualify at the Companies. The one he is Looking at is a 2006 F-250 and is strictly an Empty Cargo Van without any E-Tracking Or wooden Floors! Could/Would someone please tell me what Has to be Done to it as far as E-Track and Anything else he would have to put into it? Also, This Van Doesn't have Cruise Control and was wondering if anyone would know someone who Installs the After Market Cruise Controls and Approx. Price? Thanx in Advance :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My Brother wants to get Into Expediting in a Cargo Van! He is In the Process of Buying one But, He doesn't know what all has to be done to it to Qualify at the Companies. The one he is Looking at is a 2006 F-250 and is strictly an Empty Cargo Van without any E-Tracking Or wooden Floors! Could/Would someone please tell me what Has to be Done to it as far as E-Track and Anything else he would have to put into it? Also, This Van Doesn't have Cruise Control and was wondering if anyone would know someone who Installs the After Market Cruise Controls and Approx. Price? Thanx in Advance :D

oh no. first Chef, now you....*lol* No Vacancy....;):D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
:D No, Not me, I Like the D Units, But My Brother for some Reason wants to do this in a Van instead of a D Unit....

I mean Chef got his son-in-law into this and now you bring your son....man we are trying to thin the herd and they, well you know...*lol*

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"The one he is Looking at is a 2006 F-250..."

He should be looking at a 350 instead of a 250.

"...and is strictly an Empty Cargo Van without any E-Tracking Or wooden Floors!"

No wooden floors?!?! No E-track?!?! OMG!

"Could/Would someone please tell me what Has to be Done to it as far as E-Track and Anything else he would have to put into it?"

He'd need to put down a plywood floor, and install E-track.

Also, he might consider things like insulation, a bunk, an Esapr heater, a roof fan vent, battery bank, laptop, lights, refrigerator, microwave, hotplate, generator, and a Jacuzzi. Chicks dig the Jacuzzi.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I mean Chef got his son-in-law into this and now you bring your son....man we are trying to thin the herd and they, well you know...*lol*

NOooooo Not my son Lol, It's My Brother, My son's all have Decent Paying Jobs and Have no Ambition to want to Drive a Truck! My Brother is also Retired from the P.D. And is Bored and wants to get his feet wet in Expediting. :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
NOooooo Not my son Lol, It's My Brother, My son's all have Decent Paying Jobs and Have no Ambition to want to Drive a Truck! My Brother is also Retired from the P.D. And is Bored and wants to get his feet wet in Expediting. :D

So what you are saying is that expediting is not a decent paying job....:cool:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
"The one he is Looking at is a 2006 F-250..."

He should be looking at a 350 instead of a 250.

"...and is strictly an Empty Cargo Van without any E-Tracking Or wooden Floors!"

No wooden floors?!?! No E-track?!?! OMG!

"Could/Would someone please tell me what Has to be Done to it as far as E-Track and Anything else he would have to put into it?"

He'd need to put down a plywood floor, and install E-track.

Also, he might consider things like insulation, a bunk, an Esapr heater, a roof fan vent, battery bank, laptop, lights, refrigerator, microwave, hotplate, generator, and a Jacuzzi. Chicks dig the Jacuzzi.

Ok on the E-Track, I'm Thinkin that 1 Row of E-Track on Each Wall, And 2? On the Floor?
I don't think his wife would Let him Put in a Jacuzzi Lol

Anything Else besides moving upto a F-350?

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
So what you are saying is that expediting is not a decent paying job....:cool:

No, I am Not Saying that at All, What I am saying is that my Sons Have Decent Paying Jobs But Don't want to drive a Truck. Their Jobs are Like One of those 0800-1700 5 Day a week Jobs! Sounds Kinda Boring Huh Lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There are lots of threads on here about vans, many of them with pictures, even.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A dealership can recommend a local place that installs aftermarket cruise - had it done on my van when I bought it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bolts seems to have about the highest per loaded mile average right now for Cargo vans...Panther ya need a CDL , Bolt ya don't.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
why isn't your brother going to mats to talk to recruiters? who are you, john smith?

Whats a John Smith?? But No I am Not Him! My Brother didn't go because He found out about Mats too late and Couldn't Go! I told him that I was Going and That I would Ask the Recruiters for Him as long as he told me what he would ask if he went! I Went, Asked the Questions and Had a Real Good Time!