cargo van weight limit?

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
be careful, those vans will not last long hauling that much weight; transmissions, rear ends, drive shafts, engines, suspension, etc, will not hold up...that is a 3/4 ton, it should not haul more than 1500 pounds...and a 2002 model is likely going to need a lot of work to keep it going....especially a 6 cylinder.

one ton vans are preferred for this type work, good luck.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
be careful, those vans will not last long hauling that much weight; transmissions, rear ends, drive shafts, engines, suspension, etc, will not hold up...that is a 3/4 ton, it should not haul more than 1500 pounds...and a 2002 model is likely going to need a lot of work to keep it going....especially a 6 cylinder.

one ton vans are preferred for this type work, good luck.

Says who? My 1998 Chevy 2500 is rated for a GVW of 8600 lbs. A full fuel tank, my personal effects and me in the drivers seat show that I have about 2900 to play with. I've had this van for 4 years now, hauling up to that weight-- and the engine, trans, drive shafts and so on don't seem to be complaining. 558,000 miles as of this writing, I bought the van with 183,000 already on it.

Look at your door plate-- it tells you the GVW and the axle weight ratings. Then, fill the tank, load your stuff that you always have, drive across the CAT scales at your local truck stop and go from there.