cargo van weight limit?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have a problem understanding why a rig needs a full tank to be weighed. What are the chances you fill up and immediately pull into a weigh station. As soon as your going down the road your getting lighter.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You might not get pulled in right away, but 50 or 100 miles down the road sure could happen and at that point you probably wouldn't have burned enough to make a difference. It just makes sense to know where you're at so you can make a truly informed choice about handling fuel when you're heavy.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I have a problem understanding why a rig needs a full tank to be weighed. What are the chances you fill up and immediately pull into a weigh station. As soon as your going down the road your getting lighter.

I agree. The original scale ticket can b a little light on fuel, or items.

If the load approaches the max weight, don't mind filling the tank 1/2-3/4 for the run. Gets more showers......:D

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Deborah

New Recruit
hi everybody im new to the expiditing world and new to this forum.im getting ready to start with acompnay as a o/o after getting all my paper work ready the gm says to me "ok were start your hauling weight at 2500lbs.my truck is a 02 ford E250 6cly 3/4 ton.I am wondering can my truck handle this kind of weight safely and will this kind of weight destroy my truck.please tell me what i should do.and if i refuse to haul this much what will happen.