Car Rental

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Has anybody had to rent a car out of Seville going one way.
One that will come and bring the car over to Panther.
Panther Art

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
There isn't any companies local that do one way that I know of, I called a bunch myself at one point. Best bet - call a cab to get a ride to the airport and pick one up there, it's like $30-40.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
There's an Enterprise in Rittman, OH. They'll pick you up.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
A few years ago I tried to rent a car "one way" I called every single rent a car place in the phone book, I was told each and every time that they don't rent "one way". :(

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Yea Hawk called the three close by and not of them have anu cars right now. And I need a one way trip.
Panther Art

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ask Panther. When I wrecked one of their company trucks (had a meeting with a low bridge LOL), the owner had a van driver bring me to Detroit at his regular rate (then it was .90/mi). Actually, he mighta done it out of gratitude, since it was an old Mitsubishi cabover I wrecked. ;)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
you can get a one way car rental at akron-canto airport or cleveland,but one way is more expensive,
have you thought about a bus?how did you pick truck up in first place

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Back when we had our wreck we had to do the one way rentals. We used Hertz. I think. The trip from Memphis to TX was easy the airport was full of cars they needed relocated. Then when we needed to go from TX to OH to get our new truck. We gave Hertz a weeks notice. They had to drive a mini van in from 175 mi to honor the reservation. If you can set things up online its way cheaper, sometimes less than half price. You could even rent a car on a weekend special at your home location w/ unlimited miles have someone pick you up, unless distance would push fuel to high. Good Luck

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

I second the U Haul deal.Just get a cab to take you.You can rent a van for about $30.00.Then just drop it off at your neighbor hood U haul.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Last time I rented a small cube from Uhaul, they charged .19/mi.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A van from U Haul would be worth looking into, as the recent weather has cancelled a lot of flights, which puts the rental car companies in big demand. If I were home, I'd give Art a ride, but I'm sitting in Hopkinsville, Ky, :-( freezing & sneezing, mostly.