Canned corn final answer

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
These people are being allowed to teach. No, no, no, no.

Unless..... hmmmm.... I've been watching a series of videos by a guy who can seemingly weaponise nearly anything. Give that guy a can of corn, and before long he'll have a slingshot/catapult that can fire the thing with enough force to put a hole in a brick wall. Don't make that guy mad at you, whatever you do.

Just lobbing a can of corn by hand? Seriously? How did the principal ever get an educator's certifications?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
No worries...The health dept will never allow food to be stored in the class rooms.:D
Even if it is the last line of defense.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just ocurred to me most schools buy the gallon size cans..
No one can throw those with any kind of accuracy.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not that it matters (but just so you know!) an actual gallon is 128 ounces or 16 cups. Those "gallon size" cans are #10 Cans and hold 109.43 ounces, or 13.68 cups, or about .85 gallon.

If you're in the middle of a lake on a rowboat and you're aiming for water, you can throw a #10 can with amazing accuracy.

You know those stun guns with the barbs and wires? Those are small enough that even little kids can comfortably and confidently hold and fire them. I think every elementary school student should be issued one of those. That would be great.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I know where the principal got her training. Yes, indeed. Well, it makes about as much sense as lobbing a can of creamed corn at a crazed gunman anyway. See training clip below:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's probably a ploy by the Republicans to expose food stamp fraud - if they can afford to waste the canned goods, they're not really:rolleyes: hungry.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not that it matters (but just so you know!) an actual gallon is 128 ounces or 16 cups. Those "gallon size" cans are #10 Cans and hold 109.43 ounces, or 13.68 cups, or about .85 gallon.

Why did I know you would know that. :D

This women needs to be removed from education. She is scaring the children.. She is teaching weapons class. And promotes bringing these weapons onto school grounds. A weapon that is formidable enought to stand up to semi automatic weapons..Much more deadly then the pop tart.. And that pop tart got the law involved. We must save the children from her deadly weapons.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why did I know you would know that. :D
I spent a lot of years in the restaurant industry where the #10 can was ubiquitous. It's actually far less prevalent than it used to be, with many things that used to come in those cans now coming packaged in bag-in-box or larger plastic pails. The fast food places I worked didn't use them much, but Denny's cheese sauce and tomato sauce comes in them. The steak house I worked at didn't use anything canned, everything was fresh. But you know those big buffet restaurants, like Old Country Buffet, Barnhills, Ryan's, Golden Corral, the industry joke is those are called "No. 10 Can Heaven" because everything they serve comes in a #10 can.

This women needs to be removed from education. She is scaring the children.. She is teaching weapons class. And promotes bringing these weapons onto school grounds. A weapon that is formidable enought to stand up to semi automatic weapons..Much more deadly then the pop tart.. And that pop tart got the law involved. We must save the children from her deadly weapons.
I think it would be awesome if Kellogg's made Pop-Tarts in varying shapes of guns.

3t8jpv.jpg

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I spent a lot of years in the restaurant industry

Yep I knew ya did and that's why I thought of you when I posted the big can...My wife is nearing retirement as head cook in the school system and Im sure she doesn't know that..I will be testing her when I get home.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
3 day suspension Ragman. -No orange safety tip-
5 days probation for making a weapon appealing..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
College degree means nothing, did Noah have a mechanical engineering degree, ship building and so on..lol
I'm not sure if using Noah as an argument that college degrees are meaningless, considering that Noah wasn't even real and is a fictional character co-opted from the myths of previous cultures.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Noah might not be the best example, but Thomas Edison is. As is Henry Ford. I believe that Einstein never had a degree but did earn a teaching diploma, not sure if that was a degree program or not. One of the most prolific inventors in the US, Ron Popeil, did not have a degree.

Here is partial list of many who made it big, without a degree, proving that degrees do not indicate intelligence. All they prove is you did the work. There are lots of fools with, or without, degrees. There are lots of very bright people with, or without, degrees.

College is in no way needed for success.

Who are famous college dropouts and why are they famous? - Quora