Canadians cancel U.S. trip

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is thus what we have become? Even the Canadians are afraid to come.....

Windsor school board bans student trips to U.S.
After reading the article, it seems like a self-imposed temporary ban on field trips due to uncertainty is prudent and reasonable. "So having had that experience in the past, we are just demonstrating due diligence at this period of uncertainty." Makes sense to me. I also think it makes even more sense to get in contact with ICE, provide ICE a list of all of the students who would be on the field trip, and remove most or all the uncertainty.

Last edited:
Reactions: davekc

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with Turtle....the boards first concern is the students....to enlarge the original quote...you can see why the diligence....
More than a decade ago, following the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, Howitt said, a group from the Windsor district, which includes students from multicultural backgrounds, was detained at the border while attempting to cross. That was a period when border security was especially tight.

"So having had that experience in the past, we are just demonstrating due diligence at this period of uncertainty," she said.

Reactions: scottm4211

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
But if they are school they should be Canadian citizens or have the proper documents to be here why would there be a problem

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But if they are school they should be Canadian citizens or have the proper documents to be here why would there be a problem
do US students have proper ID in US schools....???? I think not...:)

You do realize people with ALL the documentation US residents were delayed at first with this travel restriction in place now....and it didn't help them initially from the Dead Head Society...DHS idiots and Trump screwed the pooch on this one

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not surprised the Canadians did this. I'm just upset it has come to this.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leaving the US this morning in Port Huron it looked like a war zone. Random cars and trucks being pulled over for searches with agents posing with their weapons. Again, this was leaving not entering the country.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Leaving the US this morning in Port Huron it looked like a war zone. Random cars and trucks being pulled over for searches with agents posing with their weapons. Again, this was leaving not entering the country.
Then again, i ask, is this what we have become?

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ragman the answer is in part yes this is what we've become and Canadians are caught in it for now we will sort it out

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Papers please..., armbands issued with U.S on them ...instead of the 5 pointed star...

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Papers please..., armbands issued with U.S on them ...instead of the 5 pointed star...
BS how many of 9/11 terrorist came into America threw Canada? While I will say that Canadian natural born citizens non Muslims are not a threat but to be political correct in this country you can't single out Muslims at the boarder so everyone gets searched // last time I came back into to usa from Canada the amount of BS I got question about was stupid when I bitched about the questions and ask can't you tell I'm American and not a blanky blank Muslim she said yep but I have to use the same line of questions to you as I do to them or we are being rasist. Well to me it seems rasist to kill Americans just because thier Americans
So to all of you who want political correctness LIVE WITH IT

Reactions: JCH

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Seems to me that questions,statements such as this are normally from people whom have not been personally affected by the bad guy. Either in form of not being in close proximity of an act of violence, not knowing someone that was, or have never heard a shot fired in anger. Sometimes, one size does fit all........this may be the time.omho.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think it's best to work the problem. Like, if most terrorist acts were carried out by Germans, you'd want to pay very close attention to, you know, Germans. If most terrorist attacks are carried out by Muslims, I'd say the smartest thing is to pay closest attention to Muslims.

Reactions: artie

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I think it's best to work the problem. Like, if most terrorist acts were carried out by Germans, you'd want to pay very close attention to, you know, Germans. If most terrorist attacks are carried out by Muslims, I'd say the smartest thing is to pay closest attention to Muslims.

Very true, however, the Border Cops have that thing called "Political Correctness" to deal with until we get past the touchy feely in this Country. Until that time we are all purple.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why would Windsor schools want to take students across the border to Detroit?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Very true, however, the Border Cops have that thing called "Political Correctness" to deal with until we get past the touchy feely in this Country. Until that time we are all purple.
We've got to get past the touchy-feely political correctness and get back to common sense.

Why would Windsor schools want to take students across the border to Detroit?
The Holocaust Memorial in Farmington Hills is a popular destination for schools kids in Michigan and Ontario. There are also museums and theaters that kids go to on field trips.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the president elected makes a pretty strong statement on political correctness. I know I've got no use for it. And obviously neither do the majority if Americans.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
From somebody that was there....
George Takei: On this Remembrance Day, I hear terrible echoes of the past - CNN.com
(A) George Takei has his own Progressive, anti-Trump, anti-right agenda, (B) I'm shocked that CNN would publish something that would try and paint Trump and his policies in a negative light, and (C) Japanese internment and Trump's immigration policies aren't even remotely the same, even if you want to include an immigrant database in that, even one only for Muslims. If Takei wants to write about something that's relevant and analogous, he should wax poetic about Operation Wetback (something that originated from a request by the Mexican government, incidentally, to stop the illegal entry of Mexican laborers into the United States, because the Mexican president and other Mexican government officials realized that the laborers leaving Mexico would be needed to industrialize and expand the Mexican economy), which occurred between 1954 and 1962, where 2.1 million people (a figure that is criticized even by pro-illegal immigration activists as inflated by guesswork), and roughly 300 US citizens got caught up in the frenzy who were deported without given the opportunity to prove their citizenship.

Remember Operation Cross Check? Probably not, because the media, and George Takei were mute about it. Near the end of Obama's first term in April 2012, ICE arrested more than 3,100 illegal aliens over the course of a six-day operation. Takei penned no heart-wrenching plea designed to induce feelings of guilt over some other thing. The media was not outraged. Last week 678 people rounded up in 12 states, 74% had been convicted of a crime, 24% had standing deportation orders, having already been deported an average of five times, and the other 2% were gang members and those who recently crossed the border illegally. The response to that is Takei's piece, and the mainstream media basically running around like their hair is on fire, arms flailing about, and smashing into plate glass windows.

The fact is, Obama deported more illegal aliens than any other president in history, more than 2.5 million of them. And there were no articles written by George Takei about it, nor did the mainstream media engage in an effort to demonize Obama over it.

There are a few, I'm sure, who are just anti-immigration, but I don't know of any. Most Americans are not against immigration. Trump isn't, and I know I'm not. But like most Americans, Trump is not in favor of illegal immigration, especially of the unfettered kind that is ignored and tacitly approved. The only people I know of who are in favor of open borders and unfettered immigration are illegal immigrants, and liberal progressives because it makes them feel good.