C19 Topics

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Tips, Tales, Tidbits, Trials and Tribulations. Anything Covid related in this thread please. Such as articles, experiences people have had in daily living while dealing with this pandemic. Opinions etc. Anything else.

One tidbit I had today: I got tested for antibodies. I got the results today. It came back negative. I was almost certain I had it already. Hacking cough about 3 months ago. Muscle soreness and low grade headaches about 2 months ago for about 2 weeks. Constant touching of my face, rubbing my eyes etc. before we knew about how prevalent the virus was here in southeastern Michigan. (Hot zone now ) Also constant touching of surfaces and items while working, dealing with the public without protection (early on) and office environment that had "something going around" back in February. But nada. Test negative. Probably the first test I wanted it to come back positive. So back to square one.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went through the same thing minus the test. I'm hoping I had it, but probably didn't

Did you get tested while you were sick? I'm wondering because I read that locally I need a doctors order to get tested. And if I didn't have active symptoms I wasn't getting tested. I'd like to be tested to find out one way or the other

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I went through the same thing minus the test. I'm hoping I had it, but probably didn't

Did you get tested while you were sick? I'm wondering because I read that locally I need a doctors order to get tested. And if I didn't have active symptoms I wasn't getting tested. I'd like to be tested to find out one way or the other

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
No. I went and got tested for the antibodies last Wednesday. I didn't have any of the major symptoms at the time like fever or cough, but had a cough back in February and headaches and muscle soreness 2 months ago. I heard a doctor on the radio here in the Detroit area talk about offering the service so I decided to pay to get it done and find out Instead of keep wondering.

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is it just me or are others sick of the COVID19 related social engineering? The majority of television ads are tied to COVID19. Ads showing people ostensibly working from home. Ads using the virus to brag about how a company cares about frontline workers and humanity in general. Companies giving free meals and other goodies to "frontline heroes" who have a job and a paycheck. Why not give to the unemployed and homeless. I don't even want to get into all the political pandering and power grabs. mask 20 pix.jpg
Makes me want to holler the way they do my life...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week at a shipper I had to submit to a thermal scan. The shipping dude used a hand held thermometer to check my temperature. I also had to sign a form stating that I didn't have any COVID 19 symptoms, had no family members with symptoms, have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms and not currently or ever had been a member of the Communist Party.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is it just me or are others sick of the COVID19 related social engineering? The majority of television ads are tied to COVID19. Ads showing people ostensibly working from home. Ads using the virus to brag about how a company cares about frontline workers and humanity in general. Companies giving free meals and other goodies to "frontline heroes" who have a job and a paycheck. Why not give to the unemployed and homeless. I don't even want to get into all the political pandering and power grabs. View attachment 20048
Makes me want to holler the way they do my life...
Its just you... :pokepoke:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the social engineering is majorly overkill, not just with C19 but with other leftist social engineering propaganda as well that infuses almost every television show this season.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a thought today, if the President wanted to use the defense production act, he could tell Gilead to ramp up production of that antiviral medication and sell it at cost until the emergency is over.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Last week at a shipper I had to submit to a thermal scan. The shipping dude used a hand held thermometer to check my temperature. I also had to sign a form stating that I didn't have any COVID 19 symptoms, had no family members with symptoms, have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms and not currently or ever had been a member of the Communist Party.
There are so many supposed symptoms now, you would think someone would have at least one on a given day.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I had a thought today, if the President wanted to use the defense production act, he could tell Gilead to ramp up production of that antiviral medication and sell it at cost until the emergency is over.
Remdesivir is a positive development somewhat, but I'm more concerned about the hydroxochliroquine situation and not having it available unless in a hospital setting.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One tidbit I had today: I got tested for antibodies. I got the results today. It came back negative.
My wife heard that the antibody testing in our area cost $120. I'm fairly sure I had the Coronavirus in early February but I'm not about to fork over $120 to be sure.
Ignorance is bless. mask 20 pix.jpg

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
My wife heard that the antibody testing in our area cost $120. I'm fairly sure I had the Coronavirus in early February but I'm not about to fork over $120 to be sure.
Ignorance is bless. View attachment 20050
Yeah, mine cost a hundred. I just wanted to know. I'm out in the public a lot with my non driving job and would ease the anxiety level somewhat if I knew I had it already. Although I've since read that there are reports that people have become reinfected with it after already having it. Plus, there are instances of people getting it that had such a low immune response that it was undetectable by the test. And also there is the issue of accuracy of antibody tests Some are considerably less than 100 percent.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They've got one being built in Leeds just on the east side of Birmingham, too. I stopped by the one in Fort Worth and grabbed a couple of sandwiches. I thought the mask on Buc-ee was a nice touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: coalminer

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was reading an article the other day where it was showing what a N95 mask with an exhaust valve looks like and that is the worst kind of mask you can wear in this situation. They are saying we should wear masks not to protect ourselves, but to protect everyone else from us and the exhaust valve renders it useless in that situtaion.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle