Burger King in persuit of Tim Hortons

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IF the feds would get their heads out of places where heads don't belong, and lowered corporate tax rates to levels that were in line with the rest of the modern world these companies would not be looking to move out of the US, which this is all about.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yep....The Burger King is tired of paying high taxes. Just following the trend, that is why more business is setting up over the border. People were warned this would happen.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Heart broken yet hopeful. I just discovered Tim hortons this year and I love them! I'm hoping this will cause them to expand in the US. I just don't want Burger King quality Tim hortons.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But do they need to buy Tim Hortons to move? I don't think so. LEAVE MY TIMS ALONE!!!!

They need to buy a foreign company then combine corporate headquarters in that country. Tim's is in Canada, which has a much lower corporate tax rate, that is the entire story.

High taxes kill business, our putzes in charge cannot figure that out.

I not visited either chain since March, don't miss either. Miss Tim's less, NASTY coffee.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I make my coffee in the truck. I'm more a fan of the boston creme pie doughnut, apple fritter and the muffins.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why I'm gaining weight.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the spoon won't stand up in the coffee cup unsupported, then it ain't coffee.

jimmy
img_1699.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the spoon won't stand up in the coffee cup unsupported, then it ain't coffee.

jimmy

I spent 3 years in the army, drinking coffee that likely would have been outlawed by the Supreme Court as "cruel and unusual punishment" if it were ever to be served in prison. It was made in 30 cup percolators that had not been cleaned since George Washington was CNC.

The coffee at the "Agency" was not much better. Pots were on, 24/7/365, and cleaned once a decade whether they needed it or not.

Tim's coffee makes the army and the agency coffee taste good.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I spent 3 years in the army, drinking coffee that likely would have been outlawed by the Supreme Court as "cruel and unusual punishment" if it were ever to be served in prison. It was made in 30 cup percolators that had not been cleaned since George Washington was CNC.

The coffee at the "Agency" was not much better. Pots were on, 24/7/365, and cleaned once a decade whether they needed it or not.

Tim's coffee makes the army and the agency coffee taste good.

Like I said, old curmudgeons don't know good coffee. :p

Notice the time on the pot . . .Tims makes a fresh pot every 20 minutes, needed or not.

6832795.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The REAL reason Tim's brews new coffee every 20 minutes has NOTHING to do with having fresh coffee to sell. They have a contract with Exide. Exide buys all they don't sell for use in their batteries. It is high quality acid and costs them less than the acid they were buying from other sources. Besides, it's known that only 16% of those who work at Tim's can tell time and only 4% can read an analog clock. So they never know for sure how fresh it REALLY is :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Besides, it's known that only 16% of those who work at Tim's can tell time and only 4% can read an analog clock. . .
I'll give you that one, after all, Canadians have a long way to go to catch up. < ragman poking OVM>.