Brrr,getting ready for winter already!

XCountryTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Brr. it got cold in the north last night (30's) (the kids said). Not that I shouldn't expect it, but it seems to have arrived soon. Next time we get home it's time to winterize. Its also time to grab the heavier coat's. But, weeding out our clothes has me thinking. I'm sure with our luck we will be in the cold more than warm weather. ( I do not like the cold at all, or snow except for Christmas Day then it can go back to 75 deg.or better) I'm not sure how much summer clothes I should keep in the truck compared to the winter clothes. I always pack to much. Any suggestions? Or ideas to keep warm. ( I keep a warm throw blank for my legs when I get chilled)

moose

Veteran Expediter
We use the
Space Maker .
19.99 @ Target ,look for it at the luggage area.
no vacuum needed , it's keep the Dirty laundry smell inside ,
after the laundry ,it's keep the detergent good smell for weeks.
sometime we are too lazy to do laundry , so we just buy new ones @ WM ...

Moose.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Once a Customs Agent asked, "why are you carrying so much stuff". Response, clothes for 4 Seasons times 2. DUH!!!!

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Winter always has the truck full it seems. You have jackets, hoodies, pajama pants....It brings a whole new set of clothing. And it's always thicker, bigger type clothing. I just keep a couple tshirts, but mainly light long sleeve things.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Last year we had a wakeup call and glad it was just a warning. We have become very complacent depending on our Rig Master to keep us warm no matter what the weather. I had quit carrying our thermal long johns and only keep one blanket in the truck as they just take up to much room. This past winter we had a pickup in North Dakota and the weather was below zero and the wind was terrible. In the middle of the night the Rig Master tried to gel up. Bob poured 911 in the Rig Master and everything was fine.

Then the what if’s started hitting me; what if the truck and the Rig Master gelled up. We did not have enough clothes in the truck to keep us warm. We need to keep an emergency supply that includes our thermal long johns and a few extra blankets in the truck. This winter we will not be without these few items.

We always make sure we have plenty of water and food in the truck.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
At least one pair of shorts. Get to S. FL and jeans you will cook in Jeans especially if they are new. Two pairs of short sleeve shirts. One for the day you drive into FL and the next for out of there. The first day you could wear the same shirt for 2 days and the same with leaving. Hopefully you will be out there in that time frame or less.

Hope this helps.

Cannot wait until Winter, actually today is perfect low 70s sunny/partly cldy, Appleton WI, Sunday with nothing to do but Wax the Truck and Wheels, clean the interior, and glass. Yeah I know just how to RELAX. God why can't I just do NOTHING? Gotta laugh at myself when I almost wrote just Relax, yeah like thats in my vocabulary.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
[COL

Then the what if’s started hitting me; what if the truck and the Rig Master gelled up. We did not have enough clothes in the truck to keep us warm. We need to keep an emergency supply that includes our thermal long johns and a few extra blankets in the truck. This winter we will not be without these few items.

We always make sure we have plenty of water and food in the truck.

One other emergency item I was glad to have in the past is a Space Blanket. They are a sheet of mylar, can be found in the camping department for less than $2. I had to spend a snowy night in a daycab without a waterpump and that little blanket kept me from freezing.